Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 10:51 AM

Hospital appointment soon

Hi all,
Well i though Tom had got lost in the system,has he hasn't been seen by the cleft team for nearly 2 years,so i rang last week,and was promised someone would phone me back,no one called so i rang again on wednesday,again some said they would call me back,no one did,so i've just spoken to them.
Thomas is still in the database and an appointment has been sent out to us for this month or early next month-Yippee It means a daytrip out,but he really needs to be seen as his second teeth are coming in at funny angles,the dentist said on wednesday that she wanted him to be seen at the hospital first by the orthodontist,before she arranged any treatment for him such as a brace.
I'm just so glad he's going to be seen after such a long wait.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Nissanmad, I'm glad Tom is going to be seen at last. It makes you wonder how anything gets done, everything seems so lax these days.
Anyway lets hope alls well that ends well.
Best wishes, Jenny
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 02:16 PM
we have had some enormous waits for appointments and i finished up chasing one dept and gp chased another.

glad tom is going to be seen soon though

sue
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks both,
He hasn't been seen for a couple of years,he was last seen about 6 months after his cleft repair and they haven't bothered since.
Tom's really good though he never makes any bother about going,infact he's really proud to show off his repair,but he's seen so many doctors since he was born he's use to it now.We are hoping now that he won't need any further surgery.