Our sister sites
Our sister sites
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2008, 11:44 AM

pregnant from no tie?

Hi everyone new to site!
Can any one tell me how likely it is that my bitch can be pregnant from 4 slip matings but no tie?
She was offered to stud dog from day 8 but wasn't interested took her back on day 10 still no sign we then left her there over night, on day 11 the studs owner said she had 3 slip matings but no tie we left her again over night and on day 12 we got another slip mating, we took her home and took her back on day 14 and the stud wasn't at all interested, how likely do you think she could be pregnant,?
also had to have her to vets on weds of this week (day 17 of her cycle) as she started weeing an awful lot and started to do it all over house vet thinks she must have a water infection so she is now on anti biotics for a week!!
Any info will be much appreciated!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 09:12 PM
it can happen hun sorry se has infection but at least got meds. i would say just see how she goes if you are not sure maybe book in to have her scanned near the time. hope all goes well. sorry not much help.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Its possible she could have got caught, my bitch has just had a litter of pups and she was put on Clavaseptrin(sp) AB's because they found that she had a bladder stone just after mating her and this caused a bladder infection, we had other complications too but 4 of the pups survived and are thriving.
You can get her scanned round about day 28(of pregnancy) to see if she is pregnant.
Mo
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2008, 07:36 PM
thanks for your reply's lucy has picked up loads since the tablets have kickedin il just have to wait and see!
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I have a bitch here that is a result of a slip mating as all of the puppies from her sire (he has a lovely short back and just cannot 'tie') so it is definately possible she could be pregnant. Sorry to hear about her infection, hope she's well soon. Let us know how she goes.
Cheers,
dhana
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I had a bitch that bled from a week after mating till the day she whelped, she was on Synulox for ALL of her pregnancy and produced a healthy litter of 7 pups at the end of it, so hopefully the infection was caught early and won't upset the pregnancy.
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2008, 03:02 PM
i will keep in touch just going to wait and see her appertite seems to be the same, now shes better and so far she doesnt look any different but its stillearly days so il let you know what happens
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
My bitch bled all the way through and had 8 puppies as well. Shes just been mated again (a week ago) and shes showing no signs of stopping bleeding. I'm going to see how she goes was going to get AB's but one or two people in the breed have said this happens with there bitches as well, so not sure now wether to bother or not, I dont really like giving tablets during pregnancy.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
when I had my mals, I got 1 slip mating only and from that I got 7 wonderful pups,
some people make the mistake that all bitches need to be mated on day 8 and thats not true, some will go as long as day18 or 19 before they are ready to be mated, I have always taken my bitches to the vets so they can be swabbed which could be as little as 2 visits to the vet or up to 5 before they give you the nod, plus my boy won't mate a bitch that is not fully in
some times doing the scan at 28 days will say that there is no whelp but if you wait until she is 6 weeks you will know for sure just ask chopperlodge as the vet told her that her bitch wasn't in whelp at the day 28 but on monday it was confirm that same bitch has at least 6
good luck with the whelp
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks i think i am going to take her for a scan on day 28 and see what the vets say but if he tells me there is no whelp i will certainly take her back at a later date just to be sure!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >