Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 02:46 PM

Just been re-elected as parent governor again woo hoo

I`m very relieved. I have just had a call from the headteacher at my daughters school as I have been re-elected as parent governor again. I have served four years, now another four to go.

There were two posts available and we are both re-elected again. No-one else wanted to do it this time. Last time we had to go to votes......I was dreading that again.Big glass of wine for me later, whilst OH is living it up at Gleneagles.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 02:48 PM
AWw congratulations Fudgeley...I areally admire oyu doing it. I used to be a teacher governor and found it to be one of the most boring things ever...so I admire anyone who is happy to give up their time to do it. Well done you, enjoy your glass of wine you deserve it...so go on...have 2!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
AWw congratulations Fudgeley...I areally admire oyu doing it. I used to be a teacher governor and found it to be one of the most boring things ever...so I admire anyone who is happy to give up their time to do it. Well done you, enjoy your glass of wine you deserve it...so go on...have 2!

It is not boring at our school LOL. In my four years we have had a major bid accepted to build a new school. Massive protests from the neighbours , had to go to planning twice and are now watching it being built. It is due to be finished for the children to start in Sept 2008. I will be there as a Governor when that ribbon is cut....Plus all the other everyday stuff we have to do. LOL
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 04:58 PM
My husband was parent gov for 12 years at our local primary school, where our children attended, when the children left and went to secondary he gave up.

He was vice chair and chair of the staffing committee, he said he enjoyed doing it but didn't enjoy doing what the council expect you to implement!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
My husband was parent gov for 12 years at our local primary school, where our children attended, when the children left and went to secondary he gave up.

He was vice chair and chair of the staffing committee, he said he enjoyed doing it but didn't enjoy doing what the council expect you to implement!
The council stuff is the dryest:smt015 stuff to deal with and we arrange our own agendas so that it does not take over.It`s the hands on stuff like the interviewing which I have enjoyed most over the last year. I have learned valuable interview skills plus how NOT to write an application form. LOL.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I stand by my first post...i found it really boring (but i hate bureaucracy) ...the school I was in was at the start of major building works/implementing different teaching strategies and of course OFSTED and RE inspections...,maybe it was just our meetings, even the Chair of Governors fell asleep once.... : )
Well done you!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Congrats , you must be thrilled hun , xxdk
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
The council stuff is the dryest:smt015 stuff to deal with and we arrange our own agendas so that it does not take over.It`s the hands on stuff like the interviewing which I have enjoyed most over the last year. I have learned valuable interview skills plus how NOT to write an application form. LOL.
My husband did interviewing too, our son's teacher was at the school for a 12 month period, then the job became available full time so she had to be interviewed for her own job, she had become quite close to our family during her 12 months but turned really nasty when she didn't get the job.....lol.