Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:30 AM

so bloody angry

Its our nephews birthday party this afternoon so we got up early to take the dogs for a stroll along the local cycle/bridle route thinking at this time in the morning there wouldnt be many about
Was lovely strolling along on a lovely crisp october morning even meeting a local event rider exercising one of her horses (dogs where brought closer straight away, our dogs are on extension leads anyway so its easy and we moved to the side of the path)had a chat with mutual admiration, us for her horse and her for the dogs.
Carried on our way talking and enjoying the morning dogs out on their extensions enjoying a nose around when suddenly from around a bend come two motor cross bikes screeching towards us and they didnt look like they where stopping, I had to scream loudly with poor martin dragging the boys in on their extensions whilst these two idiots slowed down but kept reving their engines, we finally got the dogs to us (they normally come quicker but the poor things where panicing)moved to the side of the path and the arseholes who where not more than a foot away from us and the dogs decided to rev their engines louder and pull wheelies before speeding off further down the track, no apologies no nothing.
What makes it worse is we weren`t expecting them as motorbikes and motorcross bikes are forbidden down those tracks there is signs everywhere so what the hell where they doing

Dont know what we can do about it but I really hope they dont harm anybody next time they come carrering down there at about 60 mph
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Report it to the police and the council, if they get enough complaints they may well do something about it. Used to get a lot of bikes in the woods where I lived in Essex and what the dog walkers did was drag huge branches across all the paths at intervals so it was too much of a pain for them to move everything so they could whizz about and they soon gave up!
Becky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:44 AM
How awful for both you and your poor terrified dogs. Hope this doesn't spoil future walks for them
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 09:52 AM
That is horrendous cyrus, some ppl have no care for others let alone animals , i hope the dogs are not to shaken up by those mindless idiots ,big hugs to them xxdk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Report them don't know if it will do any good though.
Where I live someones dog got knocked down and killed on a field where these idiots shouldn't of been riding. We now have great big logs and gates to all entrances of the fields and woods so they can't get the bikes on and if they did and we reoprted it the police would be round like a shot.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Had the same thing around here where I used to ride, it was horrendous! A very steep narrow track which went all around a big field, and on a Sunday afternoon we'd hear the roar of the dirt bikes, and woe betide anyone who dared ride their horses up or down the tracks coz there just wouldn't be room for both! I tried everything to get them stopped, I rang the police, I rang the environmental health bridleways dept. but they said the trouble was in catching them, and I tried for 2 years to get them stopped! I was considering hiding in the bushes with a large piece of wood that I was going to ram in their front wheels at one point!!!! A dog walker or horse rider would have been very seriously injured if they had ever met up.

I'm glad you are all ok and the dogs, but I don't think you're going to get it stopped. You can try like I did, but I don't think you'll get a result unfortunately. Our local farmer even chases them around his fields in his Subaru but never catches them! Blooming ridiculous that they're on these tracks and paths, and some of them they are allowed on, but not many nowadays.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 11:37 AM
ah it seems to be a problem we have too,,,poor dogs,,,I dred to think the outcome when they caught up with the horse,,,,,the mind boggles, hope the dogs dont have lasting worries over it,
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Heh,heh I'll give you a wee chuckle about these eejits.I was out walking one of the dogs and an eejit passed me flying with the local cops in pursuit .He got away from them as the cop car couldn't follow where the bike went.However the rider didn't count on Lorraine seeing where he disappeared to .Caught up with the cops round the other side of where we had been and politely guided the cops to where he was hiding RESULT!!!!!!!!!!Would I do it again?YES!!!!!!!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
what the dog walkers did was drag huge branches across all the paths at intervals so it was too much of a pain for them to move everything so they could whizz about and they soon gave up!
Becky
I like that idea, and the dogs could have fun jumping over them too
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
if you ever get close enough......push them off.

they cant report you as they shouldnt be there, and if they get hurt then the police will be able to crush their bikes. a double whammy!!

they are a bl***y nuisance!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >