View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Good for you TW,I'm sure that helps your friend a lot.
I have an amazing family,we are really close,thank GodTakes a load off,as we all share taking care of mum.With my sister and nieces coming home for a few weeks it'll be great.Even though it's devastating for all of us,we do have such a laugh together sometimes.My mum is a sketch,you'd love herBravest person I've ever met
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2016, 10:25 PM
She's got a big extended family herself (7 children)they're all grown up with families, who themselves have families, she's at least a g.grandma, maybe g.g. grandma, I've lost count. Like you say (and I say to her) there are enough of them to share the load. I know through my experience with my mother, that having to carry the whole lot yourself is extremely wearing, my brother did rock all really, his wife kindly claimed an overpayment I'd made to the Council for her carers, apart from that small token I was left to my own devices
Off to get the girls brekkies sorted now and then a soak for me I think. Checked before and Zen is in bed, its still very unsettling. It was a strange sort of relief last night when she lept at me when I went out to check last thing. Think she'd come out to go to the loo, I sweep all the shavings in the yard up and leave them in a pile, and they go on it, so all I have to do is clear it up in the morning, and she'd done it ever so tidily right in the middle. Can't fault her in that respect
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Mum has 7 children too.
Must have been really hard taking care of your mum alone TW,I can't even imagine
Hope the girlies have a good nightI'm off to bed,on nanny duty for the next two daysI'll send pics of the mayhem
Sleep well,see ya tomorrow xxx
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4