Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2014, 06:49 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone late on parade today.
Dillon got me up at midnight needed to go out and had a lie-down outside and came in about 1 am. As I switched things off he went straight up the stairs and waited for me. I got into bed he changed his mind and wanted to go down so I opened the hall door for him to go into the living room. He settled then thankfully and we slept till gone 7.30.
Lovely sunny day here today it did rain in the night hopefully it will stay dry today.
Gorden home for a long bank holiday weekend tonight and he is bringing fish and chips tonight.

I hope all the poorlies are feeling better today especially those with poorly hands and aches and pains and poorly doglets are better too.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I have just been seeing on the news the storms that were about yesterday. The Shard got hit by a bolt of lightening too. We were lucky here yesterday and it was a dry day and no sign of a storm. Everyone was sitting outside enjoying their drinks and food at the cafe yesterday in the sun.
I think we had a little rain overnight, although the paths and roads are dry.

Work again today for me and then off to mums to do her housework, then back here to get Charly and Ash bed made up ready for their arrival tomorrow.

Lynn Enjoy your fish and chips tonight with Gordon, I have actually got bank holiday Monday off too.

Hope any poorlies are feeling better and H, hope that hand is still improving. have a good day everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

I was just set for a nice lie-in having been up once for Da Booga sometime around 4am, then the alarm at 7 - was back in the land of Nod and having a wonderful dream when I was rudely awoken by the telephone. Normally I would have asked if they could phone back in an hour or three but as it was the call back from the company who messed up my order I had to get my brain in gear and explain exactly what I had ordered and exactly what they sent.

So after explaining that no, I cannot pop them to the Post Office and mail them back because I did not want them, what I wanted were the things I had ordered [and paid for] and they could collect these when they deliver the correct things. She then told me she would have to check my telephone conversation [they record everything apparently] to check exactly what I had ordered but could not do that until Sunday...

...so bang went my lie-in and the rest of my wonderful dream!

I hope all poorlies and ouchies are better, and that you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Morning Bev I hope work isn't too busy today.
Oh dear that's bad news about the shard I hope no one was hurt. We had storms here and torrential rain but the storms weren't too bad thankfully.
Have a lovely weekend with Charly and Ash,
Morning Malka what an annoying thing to happen and you actually got nowhere anyway.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

An early start for me here today but I'd hoovered and dusted before anyone was awake .... no a rocket would have to go off for them to wake up: It looks as though its about to pour with rain but as its looked like this for the past few hours and we haven't had a drop, maybe it won't.

OH off shortly after lunch until Monday night to some car 'do' and younger son off to Amsterdam after work until Tuesday night .... so today I will mostly be doing ironing
Off to walk the dogs shortly and take them on the top field as it will be the last time for a while as it is being sprayed late morning

Lynn I hope you manage a nap later and Bev I hope work today passes quickly. It will be so lovely for you to have Charly to yourself this coming week

See you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Lynn no damage done to the shard or its occupants as it has something that built in that stops lightening harming it.
Charly and Harley will be here for a whole week

Malka what a pain being rudely awoken by a phone call that got you no progress on anyway.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Morning alll.
Here are the pictures from the Telegraph of the lightning hit on the shard;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-May-2014.html

Glad Dillon let you sleep Lynn
Morning Bev and Malka, it's very wet here, may have a day at home today.
Jenny could you ask your son if I could accompany him to Amsterdam? I fancy a little break
I hope everyone is well, see you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Good morning everyone, the sun is shining here. Must see if I can get that docs appointment today I keep getting told to phone back the next day! He Wants to see me because of my blood test results but cannot make himself available. I shall give up. I am in a fix anyway because I shall run out of tramadol on Monday and its Bank Holiday so I need to sort it today! Oh hells bells! Have a good day all. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning Jenny sounds like apart from the ironing you have a long weekend to yourself. Are you going out later to stock up on goodies. ? Hope the rain stays away.
Morning Nippy Jen thanks for the picture very dramatic.
How are all the achy bits today ?
Thanks for the info Bev I suppose it has to have something to stave off the lightning seeing's as its all glass. I think most of the tall buildings in London have lighting conductors.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning! Vet day for Alfi today. Unfortunately she isn't wanted until sometime before noon. She's stopped for a mo but has been deafening me with cries for food! Just hooked her outside for a cuddle with Dick the gardener.

Bev - Shard hit by a bolt! OMG! Now you don't do what I usually do - go so mad getting ready all excited to see the kids that I end up feeling knackered by the time they land!

Lynn
Glad you've got your sunshine. Your talk of fish n chips has given me the idea to pick some up on my way back from town and bring it home and share the fish with Bella!

Been up since forever. But that's nothing new. Already got 2 machine loads out to dry and gave Mart a ring at 7am to ensure he isn't late for his flight to Ireland and the Irish wedding. (Dork rang me late last night to ask me what he needs to pack for a trip to Ireland!) Told him brollies and a good Peter Storm mac should feature large to keep the gladrags dry. He doesn't possess either of those of course so I've told him he will be able to buy both at the airport. Every airport I use has those Millett or outdoor camping type shops. His chest is bad I do hope he doesn't come down with anything while depleted on account of alkofrol consumption because he has a windsurfing holiday booked soon and he's been looking forward to it for AGES since his back was fixed.

Walked Bella and don't they just know when you are 'in a bit of a rush'? She must have stopped to sniff every blade of grass any creature whatsoever had passed across or peed on! In fact, quite a lot of the time I was stood waiting for her to catch me up! Still it gave me time to observe her and enjoy watching what dogs do when left to their own devices and what they enjoy. I was thinking about it - that what I see is very different from what she does at 10 inches off the ground! There's me peering into the tops of tall fig trees and gazing across to the hills and mountains and there's her, nose to the ground, examining every tiny creeping creature and nosing into hedges to look at cats and lizards!

I've put a cushion by the back gate in the square of sun that's appeared and she is fasto on it. Here she is!

Think I've remembered everything I need to take with me. As soon as I've cooled off a bit I will pack Alfi in the soft carrier and set off. Going to ask vet if they can give her something to dry up her milk. She isn't leaking at all but they are like a little row of hard fried eggs all down her front!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »