Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 06:50 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Yayy, it's the week-end at last, not that it makes much difference to me cos every day is a week-end nowadays. Oh this weather, rain, wind, hail, you name it we got it, apart from sunshine. It's gotta change soon hasn't it?

I haven't caught up with all the news late into the night cos it went on forever, and this thread wouldn't have gone up until lunchtime if I'd read it all.

Jenny, I hope you had a lovely time last night at your dinner dance and I'm sure you looked fab, hope you're not hungover, but I doubt it, one has to behave at these kinds of do's doesn't one lol!

Lynn, Hope that money has now arrived safely and made its way out again. Funny how money has a habit of doing that isn't it, but at least you had it to pay the bills. Finger's crossed for the next lot now then.

June, I hope you've sorted out the e-mail nightmare. Maybe it'd be a good idea to set up your g.mail for your ad or anywhere else so that at least you get those coming through properly until you sort out that password for the other one. Good luck, I'd better go and check mine again now. Funny though, cos we have never exchanged e-mails have we, so it can't be to do with my mess I got myself into!!

Jen, have a fab time with all the kids today at the party I'm looking forward to some lovely pics later.

We've cancelled the van trip this morning, the weather's so bad, and I've cleaned it all ready for those guests, so I don't want Dave to be messing about with carpet thresholds so that I have to clean it all over again.

Hope everyone is well this morning along with the doglets, so enjoy your week-end.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning H and all

I'm not happy it's the weekend as I have to work. Should be quite quiet as the weather is horrible. Probably be Mountain Bikers dripping mud and water everywhere, and a few intrepid walkers.

I would leave the van alone too H, you don't want Dave's big feet all over your clean carpets today! The forecast doesn't look good for the next week! I wonder when they will put the hosepipe ban on us this year!

Have a good day all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning H and all,

Raining here and its mean't to get worse today and tomorrow and then they are forecasting it getting colder again and more snow. When will it end?

Lily has been invited for tea and biscuits this morning round a mans house. I have bumped into Fred for years in the mornings with my dogs as he goes to get his newspaper and he has always adored them. He has told his wife Carol so much about Lily she wants to meet her. So she is invited round at 11am this morning and of course I will tag along .

I was in panic mode last night as Lily was limping on a back foot, the same one that Kyiro had trouble with. I just pray she hasn't got anything in it and we end up heading down the same route I did with Kyiro as it scares the life out of me. She seemed ok this morning with her boots on going for a quick walk round the block so I will have to see how she goes over the weekend. What with the other nightmare going on here at the moment I just don't need anything else.

2 ton of washing to get through today and I want to have a good declutter and throw out all the stuff that has been stored in cupboards and not seen the light of day for months. Otherwise I will end up like those hoarders you see on tele .

Take care all and have a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Helena - morning one and all. Beautiful day and we went for a long walk earlier. And the only other living creatures we saw were butterflies and swallows. Had the place to ourselves for about a 2km walk.

It's a public holiday here on Monday (Green Monday - people go out into green spaces and celebrate Spring or summat like that). So I will have to do a bit of shopping - might take a trip to the Funfair Market and get stuff there as I detest supermarkets and they will be crazy busy today.

I took some pics this morning and will try to put them up later. Think I actually got Bella looking at me in one or two (but can't be sure as I can't see a darn thing taking pics on my phone esp. in bright sunlight)

Yes H! stay away from the van with it being muddy.

MM - I hope lily's foot prob was just a minor one and am smiling about Lily's 'play date' lol! Oh I would LOVE to help you chuck loads of stuff out! I am famous for it and I find it very cathartic. (Of course I am having to repurchase all the things I chucked out prior to moving and now could do with and have room for!)

(When my sis wants her daughters to tidy up their rooms she tells them if they don't make a good effort she will get Auntie Pat to do it for them when she is over! That usually galvanises them into action!)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Helena, Moet, Bev and fellow members,

The weather is absolutely atrocious here. Very heavy rain, very windy and cold So a good British Spring day then. I did have a lovely time last night and no hangover as I was driving .... but honestly, I rarely drink anyway. I didn't fall asleep until after 2 'cos of a rich meal and real coffee (I only ever decaf especially in the evenings). Then low-and-behold my darling 'Rucksack' woke me at 4.55 to go out for a poo. Both of them went back to sleep but I didn't We don't go out much usually in the evening (mainly in the summer) but we've had three things in less than a week. We are at a party this evening a few hundred yards away so at least it is local, but I'll definitely need a nap

Helena - you're doing the right thing not going up to the van this morning - can you just imagine the mud/wet . I'm sure it is immaculate.

Moet - sorry you're having to work today and I hope whoever comes in have the courtesy to take the ir shoes off!!

Bev - Lily has a date ...... that's really sweet. I hope you both enjoy it. More importantly I do hope she stops limping and she has simply bruised/knocked her paw.

I'm off to buy a paper now but will check in later - unless the rain eases my dogs won't be getting much of a walk.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Helena Morning all
Very wet n dismal here
Dogs out n had brekkie and have taken theirselves back to bed cheeky lot
I'd leave the van knowing you you'll still find things to do wish I'd half your energy
Nothing much on today
Heard the milkman at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep I do hate nights like that as I'm always a kranky old git
Have a good day what ever your up to
Moetmum
Sorry you have to work hope you don't have to much mud to clear up just hand everyone a mop as they come in the door
Everyone with problems get them sorted ,poorly peeps n doglets get better soon
Sorry if I've missed anyone
Have a great day take care stay safe
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Morning Pat Enjoy your day and I'll be looking at your photos later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Norma as well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Good morning all

Wet and very windy here too .

I'm hoping the rain (at least) stops later on so we can have a dry walk. We did well yesterday - nice and dry and started to rain just as we got home at 12.30 pm. Couldn't have timed it more perfectly if we tried.

I do need to get to town today come what may as the cupboards are bare so I really do have to get to Tesco to do a shop.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2013, 09:18 AM

Dunno wot that lot were "on" last night but there were half a dozen pages to ketchup on - and no magic bottle in sight.

Mustard mit that it was much more pleasant without the duvet smothering me so even if it does get cooler it is not going back on again. Madam was very good and only got me up once - dunno what time because although I did look at the clock I forget what it said. She then let me go back for another kip after her morning meds so I am fairly wide awake now. Mind you that could be because I have already downed two mugs of coffee...

Whatever you are doing, by choice or otherwise, have a good 'un!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »