Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Off to take a look MANDY
Enjoy
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I cannot believe that a dog would want to exist on a diet of just one food with no change, I wouldn't want to live on cornflakes for ever more for instance
Emma Brunno wrote in her book:-

P142 "I believe that none of us would agree to eat canned meat for an entire lifetime. Thus, why should we put our best friends in this situation"

She is an Italian vet and a world wide authority on the Newfoundland breed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
teens change their mind/ keep growing so I don't like paying a lot
Yes, there's no way you can win when they grow so fast wasn't thinking about teenagers when I wrote that post.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2015, 10:40 PM
There are very many vets out there (too many in fact) who are insistent that you shouldn't give your dog variety and that it isn't needed, how they equate this to an animal with such an amazing sense of smell for a start I fail to understand.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
There are very many vets out there (too many in fact) who are insistent that you shouldn't give your dog variety and that it isn't needed, how they equate this to an animal with such an amazing sense of smell for a start I fail to understand.
Very good point. One thing I've learned in life is that someone may have loads of letters after his/her name but that doesn't equate to simple common sense

Have to log off now, goodnight to all of you. If the aristocrat door bouncer shows up, good night to him too
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Goodnight to you too Harvey.
June - If you give my big lad the same food on two consecutive nights he will quite simply refuse it. Doesn't matter what it is he won't even come to the bowl (I tend to feed them in washing up bowls). With the single exception of cheese - which he would kill for, odd really when dairy is supposed to be so bad for them.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Evening LG
I've come to the conclusion that's why Rosie is so fussy with food, cos she plainly refuses to eat the same food too often lol
I'd get bored, why wouldn't she?
Right off to bed, goodnight folks
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Crikey, i feed mine the same except for Sundays when they get a roast dinner, they get other stuff too like today the had Apple and melon too. I got into difficulties with Kota when i was feeding her nature menu nuggets, we changed between flavours and she started refusing to eat
Mandy, i have found loads of stuff on that website i want...will have to limit myself though
mum bought me beer for whilst they are away, shouldn't really drink but a little bit of a bender is o.k...horror film weekend for me, 4 films!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Gordon, cheese and yogurt are fine because they are sort of pre-digested as it were because of the way they are made. Not being gifted with a massive intellect I can't give you the technical ins and outs, but that's why. Rosie has you wrapped around her paw,Mandy Mine usually get the same breakfast, sometimes with an egg added and either liver or oxheart. They get something different for tea most nights.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2015, 12:26 AM
June - Makes sense, though i have never looked into it deeply. Ifeed yoghurt too and neither have ever given them the runs or put them off in any discernible way. See the other day someone said that dogs have trouble digesting bananas. Funny - because in the lurcher racing world Iknow of several people who give their dog crushed banana with yoghurt and a tiny amount of icing sugar as a pick me up between rounds in a knockout competition! Two of said people are extremely successful as well. So I suppose it's just down to personal preferences and beliefs and what folk find is best for their dog.
Off out and then bed for me as I have a meeting at 9.00am in the morning and want to appear bright eyed and bushy tailed for that. Goodnight all.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7