Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 06:35 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, April 30

Good morning everyone, well this is it the last day of April, can we look forward to a better May, not according to some forecasting.

Harvey your Casey is growing into a beautiful dog, you must be very pleased with him and how he has come on since you got him.

Mandy, hope that injection will do the trick. Lynn and Nippy Jen hope you are both feeling brighter today. Hope Dillon's leg is gradually improving.

Griff, hope all is well with you today. Must get Amber out for her walk, she has just eaten her breakfast or part thereof anyway!

Norma and CD1 hope you are both coping North of the border.

Take care everyone. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless. Hugs for Eileen and co if she should look in bless her.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 06:43 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you enjoy your walk with Amber

According to the forecast it is meant to get warmer towards the end of next week but I expect if www blink we might just miss it

Sunny here but quite chilly. Just finished breakfast another quick coat of paint stripper and then take Teazle out and it should be ready for me to start on.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Sue hope you manage to get that paint stripping done it is a tedious job. Enjoy your walk with Teazle , just got back from walking Amber, she had a good game of ball on the green, all makes up for the lack of walking I can do.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2016, 07:34 AM
That stripping is best left to Sue, she is very good at it, my hands just get in the way.

When we eventually get the blinds for the conservatory installed I thinK that is about everything done now in the way of house improvements. It has taken 2 years in total but last year was held up with me going in/out of hospital for most of it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 08:00 AM
You've done very well Barry and will have earned your holiday by the time you get there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Thats not bad Barry when you think of all the stuff that you've done with the house since you moved in, plus like you say the hospital last year. Good job Sue is good with the DIY as well, I have to pay people I am so hopeless, I am good at painting and thats it really
My Hudl gave up the ghost last night, screen just went blank and nothing there. Still the same this morning, it was charged, so can't be that. Have put it back on charge but I think it has gone wherever it has gone. Was handy having it upstairs, but was never really that good and can't replace a laptop in my opinion anyway. Never sussed out if you could copy/paste, didn't seem to be able to.
Nice morning here, girls top doors are open this morning for the first time in a few days, I've not been opening them till the afternoons recently as the weather has been so bad.
I saw that its expected to get better towards the end of the week as well. May do a bit more tidying up in the garden this afternoon. No Sean today girls will get out for a walk this morning and then I'll have a toddle round and do things, same tomorrow. Will have to watch where we go now I've got Zen in season, the good thing about the others is that they follow each other into season and its over en masse, hoping Zen eventually co-ordinates herself with them.
Mandy hope you are a bit more like today, once this wet, cold and windy weather passes over you will be less stiff I think, my back was really hurting this morning and woke me up, so can't wait for it to turn nicer.
Lynn, have a nice weekend, now Gorden is home you may feel a bit brighter.
Nippy did you get all your plants potted out or are there more to do
Moyra, put your feet up now you're back with Amber and try and rest yourself
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Hiya, a bright sunny day here, I have had to take my cardi off, supposedly getting warmer and drier as Sue says.
A few more plants to do TW, I have to do them a few at a time
Today I am making banoffee pie for tomorrow, so easy to do
I hope you all have a good weekend xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Morning all
Good to hear Amber has had a nice play with her ball
Lol Tumbleweed...i bet you could have a secret career as a stripper Lol. To be honest, 2 years is not bad going...you and sue have both worked very hard.
Morning Sue, hope you manage to get the last bits of paint off today
Mandy, how lovely that liam and sarah have come home...enjoy your weekend
TW, sorry to hear your Hudl died....i have a kindle fire tablet and you can copy and paste with that
Lynn, i hope you have a good weekend
pains in my tummy again today...the master plan of icrasing 1 tablet from once a week to 6 times a week hasn't worked
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone not to bad this morning little twinges but ok, will say I'm glad that I'm not at work, I wouldn't be strong enough for that.
Ooh Nippy I love Banoffee pie. Dare not make that here cos I'm only one who likes it. I hope you have a great weekend too
Griff hope your tummy eases
TW sorry that your hudl has packed up, Lauryn has a really good tablet and you can copy/paste on it. This is the link for it from Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Leathe...xgy_147_text_z
It's really good and if I didn't have an iPad I think I'd get this one. My mum just bought this too
Moyra, Brenda and 1cd and Lynn too I hope you have a really good day too, hope Dillon's leg is much better
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2016, 11:57 AM
thanks all

since we moved in it has been

Complete new bathroom-new shaver lights/sockets(old ones didn't work)- window lever gear boxes fixed (several)- most window sliders replaced - new boiler- replaced 2 radiators with heated had towel types- replaced one that leaked and had one removed- new carpets throughout- redecorated and repainted inside- replace window ledge inside- internal door locks repaired- new electric garage doors- remove old work benches in workshop part of garage ( they were tree logs 5 ft long split in half longways) ripped out 2 log stores- erected a new greenhouse- had 4 oak trees checked and dead branches removed, as well as those on the trunk and overhangs) - upgraded conservatory- cleaned brick driveway (took several days and resanded)-taken down foliage climbing up back house wall- removed a tree and a couple of stumps- cleared grass of moss (many bin fulls)- had 4 tv aerials taken off roof (? ) and new one erected- chimney swept before it caught alight- oven professionally cleaned (never cleaned inside)- Gutters cleaned out (6 inches of stuff blocking down pipe) -garden paths pressure wash cleaned( could not see them before)- rewired garage lighting in part ( was from light switch to pendant light to flood light to flourescent tube ((all use as junction boxes only)) to sodium floodlight which worked) now straight to LED floodlight.

Just waiting now for a company to measure /supply/fit new blinds in the conservatory

So now we just about have it back up to a reasonable living accommodation. Hate to even think about renovation costs on top of initial purchase but well worth the effort we both think.

Isn't it fun moving into a house neglected by previous owners? They don't deserve to be given the house by the old lady they looked after until she died.

This last week the neighbours have started having work down in their homes . one of them new bedroom refit ,another outside walls repainted and new shower unit. Bit further down front garden tidied up new turf etc and yet a new couple replacing outside with small bushes at the side and front. What have we started????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >