Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:15 AM

Need advice...

i dont want to go into too much detail on a public forum but basically if you had met someone off the net - once - n had spoken to them etc a lot - evry day - then the 2nd meet was at one of the houses - woudl you be concerned

like i said - without going into too much detail - if anyone can help me any more coudl you please pm me and i will tell you more as i really need advice on this difficult situation

kinda urgent

thanks
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:18 AM
nope wouldn't meet at a house - would meet very publicly until felt could fully trust this person

speaking to someone on the net is very different to knowing someone fully IMO
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
nope wouldn't meet at a house - would meet very publicly until felt could fully trust this person

speaking to someone on the net is very different to knowing someone fully IMO
I have to agrre with rachel setters on this one , meeet publicly hun ,at least that way you will remain safe xxdk
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:22 AM
it's difficult to give advice in situations like this, but generally I would say it is MUCH better to be cautious than not.

I really don't know how much you know about them (which has been confirmed rather than just what they tell you themselves) but I would say stick to meeting in public places & make sure someone knows where you've gone, what time you'll be back etc.

When I was a lot younger I stupidly invited someone to my house. It turned out OK but I still feel sick at how stupid I was. Don't give yourself any cause for regret. If the person is worth it, they will go at your pace & accept rules that ensure your safety.

Good luck
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:25 AM
for once its not me!

its my mum.....

i dont feel happy with the situation tbh but its her life at the end of the day - i (at 19) feel more mature ina decision like this.. i wouldnt go to someones house - id rather go to say, a hotel or something

im worried now and so far ive said nothing an dbeen fine with it but i couldnt live with myself if i didnt say something - u know?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:34 AM
this is a hard one your concern may come across to here as interefering she may not see as her daughter your concerns

if you feel you need to approach her about it then do so IF NOT get an address and times and keep a careful but distant watch

and don;t get caught doing so that will be a terrible thing to happen x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Yes, I think Inca's right - it's a very difficult thing for a parent to accept advice from their children - I'm more than twice your age and my Mum still struggles to listen to me!

Hopefully you can at least persuade her to leave the name and address with you - 'just in case you need to contact her in an emergency'.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:57 AM
got his address already - on purpose - wrote it down and wa checking directions

have one contact number -

feel a bit funny but at the end of the day - ive never met this person but from what shes said he sounds nice enough. but ya never know!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Well, I think you've done as much as you can.