Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 28 September

Good morning everyone, Steve has now caught the cold so there is both of us sneezing and coughing away.

Lynn, so sorry to read about Gill, she is such a brave girl do hope this next of lot of chemo will halt the growth again. Hope Mark finds a little van to suit himself. Sorry about your car it is heartbreaking.

Mandy, hope you are feeling better today. You too Griff, take care and Harvey hope you the OH and the dogs are fairing well.

June. hope the girls behaved themselves last night especially Zen.

We have a considerable amount of stuff back into the kitchen but also quite a bit to go to the local charity or to the tip.

Nippy Jen, Norma, Brenda, Sue and Barry hope you are all ok
stay warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 07:15 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Feel better soon Moyra and hope the kitchen sorting doesn't wear you out to much.

Trip to Cheshunt today to look at this van for Mark. Fingers crossed it's suitable he is raring to be independant and due over to Harlow Friday. i shall worry beyond measure till i know he is there safe but it will be nice not having to do the 3 hour round trip or take him to a station when he needs or wants to return till he manages to live back there.
I was awake in the early hours today worrying over my car. Messaged Gorden to ask if he has 5 minutes today will he ring about my car and broach the subject of a refund. Maybe minus the money he has spent or part of it. Even if fixed for the miles of travelling and sometimes with Joel and Owen I really don't think I will ever trust it.
Hopefully he will agree as I have seen a nice Volvo diesel not far from here high mileage but Volvos I've had before on high mileage and never a problem and that was petrol so diesel should be fine. Plus Volvos are built to go on and on. I know it will suit Dillon to.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2016, 07:35 AM

Good morning all
On todays menu it is a trip to the council rubbish tip and a visit to the supermarket so I am told. Apart from that I have had no further instructions from "er who must be obeyed"

Lynn

Before buying any vehicle, be it car van or whatever, do Your own HPI check to find out the vehicles history

Link

https://hpicheck.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw...lwMaAgQ-8P8HAQ

Volvo car repairs are expensive, worth thinking about before buying. I had a volvo estate 145 then a 245 so know how much they cost to run
Spoke to a pal of mine only a couple of days ago. His Volvo needed a new knuckle joint on the propshaft and going to cost him £350 and that is a quote from a private mechanic. heaven knows what a volvo dealer would charge
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Have done Tweed.
Beautiful pictures.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 08:14 AM
lovely pictures again Barry, thank you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Good morning

Hope you both feel better soon Moyra and don't go overdoing the kitchen shuffle.

Good luck with the van search Lynn ~I know what you mean about the worry and waiting for the message they have arrived safe I am the same even when my son isnt driving

I see you have been told my plans It all depends on a quick whatasapp message to son in Brazil (that will wake him up) as to which tip we go to and which supermarket as he wants me to buy something from Currys What we mothers don't do for our children

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Morning Sue. Have owned two volvos Barry in my time. Never had a day's bother from either of them and never found any repairs although granted minor that expensive. We have a reasonably priced local garage.
I love volvos always felt safe and never worried when mum was alive driving in the middle of the night from Brentwood to Basildon following the ambulance and believe me I have done that many times. Just knew they would not let me down.
I have owned two 850 estates one automatic. See we wouldn't think that price to bad for the type of car.
Never found them to be alarmingly expensive to run either.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Morning all
Hope all those having a tough time get through it soon and all those poorly get well soon
Lynn, i think Gill is super and i hope the chemo goes well, i was lucky as the cycophosphamide only thinned my hair and as i have super thick hair it was barely noticable except in one patch.
Nothing planned today, the toilet is leaking again so dad is coming back to sort it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 11:38 AM
well nearly there just a couple of boxes left to empty. Running out of cupboard space because the way he has done kitchen and diminished out storage by quite a lump. Drawer space in particular.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Oh Moyra,its getting worse by the minute. I am hoping you can get other decent accommodation very soon where you are treated properly in return for your rent.
I have had a couple of Volvo's the 440 and the 480 and loved them, particularly my 480 with the pop up headlights, was like a bereavement when the garage told me it was no longer viable. Like you Lynn I always felt totally safe in them, if a repair was needed, it was done by my local garage and never a minutes trouble hardly from year to year.
It was raining this morning when I took Cariad, Lona and Zen out, by the time we were on our way back it was drying up and going quite warm. Changed coats and took Mabs and Kesh onto the Country Park as wanted to check on the young swan. Pleased to say there is no sign of the fishing hook, which means someone has done something, thankfully. Everyone sopping wet and muddy, no point in trying to comb their coats out at all. Been giving the outside a good clean and sorting the beds out, not too wet and once I've skipped out they'll do till teatime.
Sue, so happy you have someone able to set your day's agenda, you no longer have to spend time agonising whether to go the tip earlier or later
The bathroom saga continues.....Griff. One day you will be leak free.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >