View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Yep,I did GRIFF,defo not well posh,got the carpet from the tipMade a huge difference,heat wise,plus I just run the Hoover over every now and again and its clean
Takeaway is on route
NJ,keep googling,bound to be somewhere that does the hoists cheaper,maybe even someone selling a second hand one,you never know your luck
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Today I had a chance to meet and talk to the lady whose house is at the bottom of our garden. She had tree surgeons in to cut back an oak tree. So I had a word with them about ours, so they are coming Monday to give estimates etc and do the necessary as they have TPO's on them.

Anyway talking to the lady, and very nice she is, she was saying that she actually had a section of the fence repaired because the sods who lived here didn't bother even though it was their (now our) fence.

What staggered me is she said the previous owner instead of repairing the fence put an electrical barrier across the back which she complained about so he, the previous owner of here had to take it down.

What kind of nutter does that?? Shoves an electric fence between houses, it is beyond me, they spent absolutely nothing on maintaining this property

She didn't know we bought this place last year but I got the impression she was very glad the others had gone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Mandy can you let me have your recipe for stroganof please. Ta.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2015, 08:06 PM
What very strange people they were Tumbleweed, or still are as a matter of fact, wonder how their new neighbours are managing Am still ever so slightly in shock had Mabs and Keshi on the river this morning, one of my friends rang, so was chucking the ball into the river or along the banking whilst talking to her, all of a sudden Keshi shot off, immediately I shouted her and Leave It, and she did - and whats more - she came back. Total utter surprise that WAS she's trying (and succeeding) to confuse me Have been busy here there and everywhere. Went over for 3 bales of shavings, got a sack of carrots and also a bag of chicken and tripe, called in at Asda on the way back, also Iceland and Home Bargains, picked up 30kg of coal and 2 sacks of wood. 2 bales of shavings are now in the little loft in the big kennel, carrots are out of the girls way, coal is tipped in the coal bunker, wood is in the wood bin, but some of it in the wood box in the house. Shopping put away. Girls had bones for tea, cleaned up and put fresh bedding down. Was a relief to sit down!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Well done Keshi TW ye of little faith!! she's a star
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Eileen, you've just fallen for those big eyes and fluffy coat, you've no idea what she's capable of Musketeers on at 9pm
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Mandy can you let me have your recipe for stroganof please. Ta.
It is : Simple Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff
2 onions finely sliced
3 x 250g packs of sliced mushrooms ( I sliced my own)
500g sirloin steak all visible fat removed ( I bought stir fry beef, cheaper )
400ml boiling beef stock
1tbsp green pepper corns in brine, drained
1/2 tsp mustard powder mixed with 1tsp water
Salt & pepper 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
Small handful of chopped chives to garnish
Boiled rice & steamed vegetables to serve

1] spray a large nonstick frying pan with low cal cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions & mushrooms and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes until softened. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

2] wipe pan clean! rue spray with low cal cooking spray & turn the heat to high. Add the steak and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, mushrooms, peppercorns and mustard and the return the onions and mushrooms to the pan. Season well and leave to bubble for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the fromage frais and scatter over the chives.

3] serve with helpings of boiled rice and steamed veg.

We had a green salad with ours rather than the veg
It was really nice even hubby liked it.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
awww shame it is going to be expensive Nippy, hope you can get one in the not too distant future
Moyra, could steve not do the actual cooking but you direct him if he isn't too sure what to do? or as lacey says a wheelie stool or chair
Lacey...you carpeted your garage? you are well posh!!!
Mandy, i am sure the stroganoff will be fine with the natural yoghurt and hopefully there won't be too many extra calories
Losos, how very poor of them to do away with your helpful lady, you will have to search and see if there is another near by facility
It's still no cals cos it's fat free natural yoghurt. It was a slimming world recipe
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Am on 1% battery hopefully be back later
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Thanks Mandy.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »