Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 10:20 AM
the courier has been!!!!!!!!!!!! i can stay in bed tomorrow morning yay
TW, wow he took the cardboard for you.... mind you i dare say he wouldn't be covered or something if he helped with heavy stuff and one of you got injured, at our tip we get some right miserable devils, you ask them where to put stuff and they just sort of glare at you as if you have asked them to empty the car for you... i think it seems like a nice job, get to meet people and our lot just seem to spend their time walking up and down
You are right i can't do the garden...wish i could, the problem is a layer of bricks under the lawn... so both lawns will want digging up
Mandy, you've never been to the tip!!
Morning Brenda, can't say i have ever seen a slim corgi, a lady here used to have 2 of them and they were little chunks
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Yeah they do a lot of sweeping up, in fact one was actively in my way as I walked to my car, picked up a bin bag and put it in the skip, he was there sweeping up round me, in fact one time I had to go to the other side of the skip because he was blocking me, I mean, OK, totally and utterly resigned to the fact they are not there to help, but why hinder Mandy, IF you ever do go to the tip, leave your common sense at home, because its a different world when you get there and you'll be tempted to say your piece
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 10:44 AM
how many times have you been tempted to chuck a tip employee into the skip TW lol, we don't go too often thank goodness, generally in summer and just before christmas. As for why hinder you... you have it wrong, you are hindering him Lol i mean his sweeping can't wait for 2 minutes whilst you get to the skip can it?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2015, 10:57 AM
LOL Griff, keep forgetting the tip is there for them to sweep and not to deposit rubbish, obviously only the right KIND of rubbish Well done on the courier, you can have the weekend off now, apart from walking over the garden with those spiky shoes of course
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 11:01 AM
I have been studying all the foods that I should leave alone. I packed up alcohol ages ago because that was obvious then I o/d on tomatoes and had to give them up. Last night a friend who also suffers gout told me to lay off dairy products as cheese and butter were bad for gout. Then a friend sent me a website this morning for Gout and I find that having my porridge for breakfast or my wheatgerm toast with boveril on are also a no no. Seafood and fish are also bad for gout. Now of course we have the warnings about chicken........think I had just better pop vitamin pills all day!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Moyra, porridge is oats isn't it and I'm sure they're not bad for you. As far as dairy goes, well Eileen's found out about the lactose free milk making her feel better, and there's goats cheese and goats milk to look at. Like a maze isn't it. Getting ready to get girls out, need to make a move here
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Moyra, it si a minefield, we had to go through it with my dad, trying to find something he actually wanted to eat was horrid, i think that low fat dairy products are o.k for gout
TW, just ordered the shoes, should be here either 3/4 march... shame i can't strap them onto the dogs paws and let them bomb round Lol, best not come monday as i am at the hospital
Local fruit loop is back to her tricks, sitting out the front of the house in her car...crazy thing is my cctv camera is right in the window so dead obvious..well she is recorded now...can't believe how thick she is Lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Slabs now laid properly and level, although it does not look so in the photo
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 11:54 AM
well done Tumbleweed, could do with you here...lot's of little projects to keep you occupied
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Oops its afternoon already
Had a wee quick glance through,all running smoothly it seems.Great to hear you're improving MOYRA
MANDY,never been to the tip you spoilt monkey Have to beg to differ on the tip employees I love all of them,well there is 3 They hold on to anything they think I might like and most days when I'm down there they'll have something interesting for me to take a look at Have never tipped them in my life,but I do always have a bit of a chat and keep well in Got some really good stuff out of the tip
Slabs are looking great TUMBLEWEED
Big hi to all,so happy its FRIDAY!!!! OH will be home early TW,you must be so glad it's all done,I know I was when the bathroom was finished Have it all to do again,downstairs,kitchen etc,thank goodness we're not doing it right now,I don't think I could cope
Been out with Miss Lacey Dog warden is floating about a lot,no idea what's up with that
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »