View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Fat chance of that happening, Housekeepers being what they are (which is invariably surly and uncooperative) doubt whether herself being burdened with extra ironing would do much for Staff/Employer relations in this neck of the woods! In truth it's hard enough to get her to do our stuff sometimes! This having flunkies at your beck and call isn't the fun pastime it's made out to be. The real baleful bit of it all is that they all need paying!
On a brighter note - the Mem came home the other day with a load of Haggis. There was a shelf full of the damn things in Mr Sainsbury's the other day, so she made an executive decision and purchased a dozen. Whopping great big 'uns they are and here's the good bit - they were reduced from £3.40p each to a very affordable 24p.
The dogs had the first of these as part of their tea last night and another tonight and absolutely love them (do hope that you didn't imagine I would eat the 'orrid creatures) for I would have to be very hungry indeed before I even contemplated that!!lol.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Lol, they are removable clamps which will be removed ladt thing Monday night....our collection is Tuesday, once he realizes he can no longer get in the bin i won't need to bother...hopefully, well until the neighbours learn they can't put stuff in too, i think it is damn rude to use someone elses bin and to put the wrong stuff or burning stuff in is very very wrong
Aaaaahhh Gordon, was worth a try, wouldn't like for you to get in her bad books, i mean she might put itching powder in your undies as revenge lol
according to my brother, he says haggis is nice battered and deep fried, he had that when we were on holiday in Berwick as kids...i say yack
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah well they deep fry Mars Bars as well oooop there don't they Sounds a good buy there from The Mem, Gordon. Off to do girly brekkies and then have a soak. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow then girls can get out, and shavings run in the afternoon for me, then weekly shop and coal to be got in. Kitchen needs to see a mop and bucket desperately, not sure when that will be done, but I'm sure if I ask them nicely Mrs Mop and Mr Bucket will do it for me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:20 PM
I have never had a deep fried mars bar...wouldn't mind giving that a go as i like mars bars and batter, wonder if anyone here does them
sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow TW, i am expecting a courier..need to sign for the stuff too, i got an email saying i will have a delivery in the next 2days...fabulous no set day, good job i am sooooo predictable and have no plans lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Evening everyone
Have to admit that I laughed Griff when I read that Deagon jumped all muddy on your dad
Glad you liked the site, will tell Lauryn you are very impressed. We shall def use it again.
Really pleased to see that your all sorted and happy with your builder TW
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I have never had a deep fried mars bar...wouldn't mind giving that a go as i like mars bars and batter, wonder if anyone here does them
sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow TW, i am expecting a courier..need to sign for the stuff too, i got an email saying i will have a delivery in the next 2days...fabulous no set day, good job i am sooooo predictable and have no plans lol
My hubby has, he likes them but I think they yuk
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:26 PM
I was in bits too Mandy, thing is the garden gets the same every year and he said years ago he was sorting drainage out but never did, now the white dogs brown and the black one looks like a tiger with mud stripes, not too mention the carpets....will get some of those aeration shoes, will look like a geek but never mind
my mum didn't like my jacket...will still wear it though. I am hoping if i hint enough i might get the bandana boots !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Oh, maybe i wouldn't like them then Mandy
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Keep trying lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Enjoy your soak June, must say, your kitchen staff have very curious surnames, but if they are willing and efficient - who cares. See you tomorrow (good luck with your shift down 't pit).
Never mind the bin locks Griff - put the bins just inside your boundary and then with a cry of "Ger orf my land" pepper them with shot. Should work a treat!
Time for doggie duties and then bath and bed for me - us poor old gits need our beauty sleep (desperately!).
Goodnight All. P.S whatever has happened to the lovely Eileen tonight, hope she hasn't fallen foul of either lactose or face cream!!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >