Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Morning Daily Dogsey Thread (Wednesday)

Good morning all,

Story of my life just lately, sat here with my foot in a bowl of cold water. Just hope it will be better today. The swelling and inflammation seems to have moved around more to the ankle end of the foot now.

I am hoping to get all my prescriptions today and if they have included some more colchincine then I can take a few more which might help. I do not think the ACV is doing any good at all so will go back to the Cherry juice today.

TWJune, do hope you get your water sorted out today. Am glad that you already have the safety tap fittings in your taps.

Eileen, I had to laugh when you said Lacey hogs all the bed except for the last 2 inches. Amber does the same but she is a big dog and has an excuse to hog the bed.

Do hope our LG is ok and not got computer problems or is unwell. Fingers crossed it just because he and the mem are enjoying themselves doing other things!

Have a good day all, God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Good morning Myra and all who follow considerably milder today but the mud is never ending.

I am working up the enthusiasm to decorate the hall and landing which includes 8 doors. My door painting skills leave much to be desired (though I have always done them in this house in the 30 years I have lived here) so I am negotiating with a painter to just do the doors and frames and I will do the rest which will cut down the cost of having someone to do the lot.
I really hate decorating but I hate a shabby house even more so it must be done .

Enjoy your day everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2015, 09:03 AM
God morning to you too. Sue has gone shopping so I am left here to hold the fort. It is a miserable day that is overcast with rain showers so again can't really do much. Might spend some time counting my toes for something to do.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Good morning all.
Moyra, I hope your foot eases as the day goes on.
Meg, good luck with the decorating. My hubby can't do ceilings any more, that is why he found a decorator to just do them and he did the rest.
Off out again today, we have the wonderlust. I think we have been cooped up for too long
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Hello Tumble, I think we posted together
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Morning all. Hope you all have a good day and Moyra please be careful with that cold water. Maybe warm and then cold and alternate. That helps with aching and inflammation problems. Maybe two hot water bottle's, one with cool and one with warm water and alternate using them for ten minutes at a time. Must take Tyto out. Late today as been juggling three classes with times. Loads returning. So busy busy. ttfn take care all. Where is Gordonmac? Hopefully not poorly.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Good morning everybody - my thanks for your concerns over my health, pleased to say that i am quite well,just very busy at the moment. Logged on last night and by the time I had caught up with the proceedings it was after midnight - and lets face it - who wants to listen to a grumpy old git's mumblings at that time of night.
Moyra - glad you are having a little improvement, let's all just hope for it to continue, until you are fully restored. My late father suffered terribly with gout in later life, he couldn't even stand the weight of the bedclothes on his foot at night. In those days the only relief he could get was from a product called "Eade's Pils" they were taken off the market in the 1960's. Apparently they were considered far too dangerous for consumption by the public so heaven knows what was in them. He did however gain some relief from soaking his affected extremity in a bowl of hot water to which had been added a huge spoonful of Colman's mustard powder. He swore the resultant yellow, steaming liquid gave him some relief. So don't know myself - but anything is worth a try if one is miserable from the pain of such an affliction.
Hope that plumbing afflictions and dodgy face cream problems are now a thing of the past and that all are enjoying a reasonable mid-week.
Today - this afternoon to be precise - the Mem and i are to go along to see the new Shaun the Sheep Movie. Seriously, can't wait, we are like a couple of kids, both think it is absolutely fantastic. The shorter versions that get shown on CBBC crease me up. Not generally a cartoon fan, although the antics of Wily Coyote do remind me of my big dog Fagin. So perhaps I am regressing into a second childhood.
Have a good day all and take care of yourselves, bye fer now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Morning gorgeous peeps
Full of the joys this morning,seriously bouncy
MOYRA,Amber does have an excuse for hogging the bed My Lace has to be squeezed up against me at all times,even if it means I'm basically on the floor Any wonder my back hurts sometimes
MEG,wish I lived closer I'd give you a hand,love painting Good idea to get someone in to do doors and frames though,that's a lot of work
Toe counting?TUMBLEWEED that's sounds like great fun!! What are you like?
Big hi to all,hope everyone is well.BRENDA's advice sounds good MOYRA,hope it helps
Need to hit the tip and pop down to Asda.Oldest is off today,busy advertising her car,trying to sell it privately.Might want to clean it out first I reckon
Nice dander with the princess first,not a bad day,still need a scarf and coat though
Will see you later,take care all,have a great day
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Morning all
Just had breakfast then need to get organised as my mum coming to visit for coffee and a chat. Rosie loves her as she gets spoiled, because quite obviously she never gets attention from us

Moyra hope your foot eases

Hope everyone has a good day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Oh,great to see you LG
If you're heading off to see Shaun the sheep then I'm certain you're absolutely fine(total lunatic!! ) My youngest brother is called Shaun,he's not a sheep though
I would never stay up after midnight to listen to a "grumpy old git" but for you I think I'd make an exception If you're going to go AWOL,you must pop on and tell us,I stayed awake half the night!!
Enjoy your cartoon/movie,will expect a report
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »