Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Hi all

Got around to cleaning he conservatory roof today. i used a karcher pressure washer with about 5 extn lances and a brush on the end. Seens to have done the job reasonably well.
Greenhouse staging arriving this afternoon so will have a bit of fun connection the pieces together, that can then stay in Sue's "shed" for the time being.

East sussex county council have a weird idea of waste disposal.
6 bags of earth/rubble each around 25kg a month, no wonder fly tipping is on the increase. We do have 2 dumps we can use but with 20+ bags to get rid of is going to take some time. We never had this problem with Cannock Staffs, Their idea is if you have rubbish then get rid of it at the proper place, they even allowed 8x4 trailers full. The cost of clearing up fly tipped stuff must cost more than the skip container hire at the local dump, but they just can't see it. Blinded by routine is how it seems to work here.
Needs someone with fresh thinking to give them a you know what
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Tumbleweed, our council allow as many car loads as you like provided it is from a domestic property, you get 2 van booking per address per year...you have to pre book that. Any people movers etc have to have their second row seat in...so as they aren't van like. We have a garden waste collection every fortnight march- november for your grass cutting, leaves and small trimmings from trees, there is no rubble allowed at all... you have to make arrangements to dispose of that yourself
Mum and dad are now booked on a flight, will be back some time this evening and it has cost over 200 euros...whoops
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Know what you mean about Rules Of The Tip, t'weed Builders been on and cannot do the job because they have one guy now in hospital who's been taken ill and they are meeting themselves coming back. They've given me this website, mybuilder.com to put the job on, they say its a brilliant site, you post your job then get people bidding on it, you have to be vetted with credentials to go on it, so have put it on there, and they say if I want they will tell me who is putting in the right type of price. Holding off buying the materials in case someone can do it all. Griff, can you give me a link for those tap thingies and can get those put on when its done. I thought about turning off the water but wasn't sure if it was safe to do that with having my heating going. Eileen, can you take a big cushion with you to sit on the uncomfy chairs, used to have to do that myself for a couple of years when I first did my back in, I carried around a bag with a cushion in it!!! Moyra there's something called Sour Cherry I think it is for gout thats good from what I've been told. Surely if the hospital has told you what amount you need then the doctor should be following their prescription. http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/09Septem...gout.aspxGoing to get myself going now, totally wiped out and exhausted with it all. If I didn't have the girls then I really would be walking away as I'm now on the ragged edge
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2015, 12:00 PM
TW, these are the valves
http://www.wilko.com/plumbing/wilko-...m/invt/0343291
cheaper at wilko than B&q, do you have a wilko's? you an ring and check they have them before you go or even order online and get them sent to your store for pick up. Not surprised you feel like calling it a day..... you have had a lot go wrong at the minute, same as poor Lynn and you both have had to pretty much deal with it yourselves.
forgot to say, i am trying out my new bubble gum scent disinfectant today Lol...exciting times
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Yeah there's a Wilkco in Bolton, will order online and collect at the store, thank you. Had a shower, very scared, but nothing happened. Have now turned water off whilst I'm out as you suggested, and written myself a note so I remember. I'm used to dealing with all sorts of stuff by myself, even when there has been a man on the scene its ended up me dealing with it, just seems to be all the time, but you have to get on with it I know. No replies to my advert on My Builder, hoping someone replies, I can't live like this
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2015, 12:47 PM
lot of difference in price, b&q wanted £12!!!
just mopped my floor wih my new cleaner..smells very nice, not too sickly and the floor looks clean so i am happy.
will ring my aunty in a bit, just need to pop a couple of things away for when my parents get home...i get on the phone to my aunty and time just flies by Lol...only one of my dads family i talk too, she is such a laugh
i nearly forgot to say just turn the water back on before your heating kicks in... sure it is fine to run it with the water off anyway but i wouldn't like anything else to happen
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2015, 01:43 PM
TW sending you hugs, just cos you need them. Does your insurance company not send someone to do the repair that's needed? Sorry if you have already explained that.
Eileen- I'm sure Leah has done just brilliant in school Lauryn is quite jealous that Leah is off to Italy on the trip, she would have loved that.
Was going to take Rosie out but then it started hailing and Rosie ran and hid so we didn't bother. Hope your face is ok now. I used to use Olay face cream, then all of a sudden it made me itch. Never figured out why! So I changed, I use No7 it's £18 but I now it works and keeps me young looking
Right off to make a cuppa, cos I'm cold brrr!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Just back from bone run, still no replies to adv, but I suppose its early days yet. Very very windy out there, came off the motorway rather than go over the high level bridge, as I'm not in the frame of mind for the slightest thing to go wrong at present. Have a nice test drive by the way Eileen, even though it will never be as quick as Mabs, VW's are lovely cars, used to to have the Scirroco years ago and I loved it. Thanks for the hugs Mandy, keep thinking Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn, and hoping its the final thing before I get a quiet 2015. Times like this get me wishing that the person thats owed me several thousands for over 3 years would cough up, then I'd get the job done without having to worry myself sick over it.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Good afternoon

Hugs Moyra you certainly need them

Oh dear June your house is certainly throwing its problems at you thick and fast. Hopefully this is the last

Hope you enjoyed the test drive Eileen

Greenhouse staging has arrived just need the greenhouse now still waiting for the delivery of my old hard drive I will certainly not use Curry's repair service again. Just hope they get it right this time round or I will really take them to task
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Builders who did ceiling rang to see if I had any calls and I said not yet, they said where did you put it and I said Kitchens, so they said put it in plumbers, and got 3 messages one after another when I did that, waiting for them to ring me, surely one of those 3 will be able to do it without me resorting to bank robbery. Sue, trying to put it into perspective compared to other things like IS taking over the country, Russians invading and being forced to leave my home.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »