register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Very dark and rainy here this morning, am going to get rid of most of the stuff left in the boxes from my kitchen clear out, I obviously have no use for it, otherwise it would be unpacked already!!! Most of it will go to the charity shop, got loads of books as well to go, so PDSA will get a windfall this morning. Girls won't be going out as far too wet, so we're all on Day Off, may make it a sort of Duvet Day I think Griff, workplace bullying is a horrid horrid thing, I ended up with a nervous breakdown through stress and took the company to court, they settled out of court, but of course they sacked me. Give your mum my love, even the strongest of people gets undermined by this sort of stuff and hope this meeting gets it sorted. Glad you've got a nice day over there Lynn, I'm sure thats MY weather, because this rain is like a monsoon and I don't want it, then again its been dry for a good while. Meg shops at Waitrose, Brenda, there isn't a Waitrose anywhere near me that I know of. There's one in Bath, and I did enter its hallowed portals once Mandy I hope Parents Evening goes well for Lauryn, that is not good putting it on during the day is it really, lots of people have to work and can't always get the time off, bit of a sneaky one that was. Moyra could you get back to the hospital with your foot, doesn't sound good to me at all, and your doctor doesn't seem to have helped much, could Steve drive you over maybe. Do hope it gets less painful soon because its been a while now. Norma send me over some of that soup and pie please when you dish up, sounds delicious. We must have the same band of weather you've got, horrid isn't it. Sue I'll see you at the tip then lol. I think there's enough tiles etc there for you to build a brick outhouse, never mind a greenhouse, talk about a hoarder eh. You've removed tons of debris since you took that house on. Brenda, you lucky thing having some sun.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Good morning fellow members on this wet and windy day
I have just got back from shopping rather late, someone had tied a Beagle outside Waitrose and it was quite distressed and howling so I put my shopping in the car and went back to talk to him till the owner appeared.

Next job soup making cream of leek then I can take it easy.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Enjoy soup making and survive kitchen clearing.
Sun gone now June we have the rain.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Hey you guys,Good Morning Been up since 8am,Lacey didn't fancy a lie in ( the little brat )
GRIFF, bullies are just cowards really aren't they? Must be awful watching your mum so upset,bless her Hope the meeting goes well(( hugs))
MOYRA,going through the wars there Sounds very painful (( hugs)) hope you feel better soon xx
Think everyone else sounds good,no poorlie doglets either
MANDY,I have parents meeting next week and straight after another meeting about Leah's Italy trip think I'll take my sleeping bag and some yummies,might be there for some time!!
Off to visit a friend and her new born baby boy later,can't wait to see him The mum isn't feeling to hot at the mo,bit of the blues I think hubby works away,home at weekends so its hard work on your own isn't it?Anyway have offered to babysit any time she fancies some time out,hope its tomorrow Love babies
Right so,Hoover up and down,walk the Princess and then shower.Way ahead of myself today
See you later,be good
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2015, 11:41 AM
just has a look on DAD some cruel,wicked,unimaginable old git puts tortoise traps in his vegetable garden I really don't know how some people sleep at night,truly astonishing What's goes around,comes around I say!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2015, 01:00 PM
G'day all. Sounds as if all are out and about and mostly in better health, lets hope it stays that way, we only need Moyra to get a bit of a shift on with that foot and all members should then be fit to pass muster!
Eileen - Seems you and I have a difference in our attitudes to tortoises. Obviously over there they are a cherished pet and family member, afforded every home comfort and feted in the extreme. Sadly, the Moors above Saddleworth are over run (well over walked) by the little rascals. Well known for their vicious ways and extreme bad temper, these Lancashire tortoises roam the moors and surrounding villages creating upset and mayhem wherever they go. Only last week some poor old lady was mugged by a gang of fourteen of the brutes as she made her way home from the Oldham branch of Mr Sainsburys. They caught her half way across the village green and plundered her bag of ready washed Lollo Rosso, then made off with half a cucumber and three tomatoes. She was badly shaken (and covered in little round muddy footprints) so perhaps you can now see why in these parts we have adopted quite a hard line with these ghastly creatures. If you are reading this aloud, you really should cover up Izzy's ears - don't want her getting any ideas, do you! For despite years of domestication the average tortoise can go feral at the drop of a hat, seem to remember you had to drag it out from under the Xmas tree where it was doubtless up to no good!
Well, that's enough from this "cruel, wicked, unimagineable old git" have a good day all - see you tonight. May pop on line just prior to Dinner, where I suspect the first course to be that very fine soup "Cream of Tortoise". Bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Almost forgot to say that I am now a fully paid up Europhile and have adopted quite cosmopolitan eating habits. For lunch I was presented with a thing called a "PANNINI" hope i spelt that right. Despite my serious doubts i had a nibble at this weird foreign product and found it to be very agreeable. Don't know what has become of me - tucking into foreign muck - and then actually having the gall to admit i actually liked it. Mind you it was toasted and then filled with good mature english cheddar and surrounded with salad (what was left after the depredations of the tortoises) so could be called an Italian Ploughman's lunch - at a push!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2015, 01:56 PM
some people are shameless!! Do you ever stop to think that the Moors Tortoises might just be hungry LG There you are tucking into your cheese,salad panini and those poor little sweethearts are starving Any wonder they have taken to mugging Its a castrophe Really should be setting up some sort of fund to help the adorable little creatures I am shocked and astounded that a person of your wealth and so called love of all things earthly should ignore such an immediate call for help from the helpless little tortorisesssss
I shall make arrangements for a team of Hobbits including myself to pop over there and deal with the situation You could at the very least,notify the housekeeper of our upcoming arrival
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Ooooh dear, you've been and gone and dunnit it now Gordon, stand by for Invasion of The Hobbits
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness, I love tortoisesissss. Had one as a pet once but no matter what I did he managed to escape and run away. At regular intervals he could be seen racing off down the road, head in the air and a smile on his face. Eventually I decided he would be better off in Paignton Zoo with a colony of his own kind

It is so cold, dark and wet here today. I've done the shopping and now I have given up and hibernated to watch the TV until tea time
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »