Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2015, 08:01 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread wednesday

Morning all. Hope you are all feeling chipper this morning. Sun is shining so that should help everyone to feel better if feeling not so chipper. Hope you had a goodnight Moyra. Also anyone else that has been feeling down. Smile and the world smiles with you so they say. Who are they I keep asking myself. ttfn.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Morning Brenda. Cold and frosty here today, yesterday was beautiful, showed up the windows I'd actually got round to cleaning and the ones I'd left!

I got sidetracked watching dogs online at the Westminster show. One person mentioned something about a Pekingese so I waded through that (couldn't fast forward) and I couldn't see what they were on about - turns out I was watching 2014 grr!
Another hour I'll never get back! I did get cross watching the Afghans, there was a handler who was really rough with a dog and I recognised her when she was showing another breed at Crufts and my friend and I wanted to deck her then.

Had an odd request from my vets which involved a nurse visiting and leaving with a bag of poo! Nothing to do with my dogs but if it goes well I'll find out more and let you know. I just hope the nurse didn't get pulled over on her way back lol

Tumbleweed I know the Langshott estate, I've driven past on the way to a vet just up the road from there. Small world.

Hope everyone and their dogs are well today, will catch up later after I've tried Gordon's bean recipe (NOT)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Morning all, hurrahhh only just turned 9am and I'm here!
Morning Brenda, well this sunshine should be enough to make anyone smile
Hello Twix, frosty here too. Can't wait to hear the explanation of the poo
Everyone who follows hope you all have a good day x
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning !Brenda, Twix, Nippy and all who follow

Hope all poorlies are feeling a bit better

Nice and sunny with a frost. Washing out, dog walked and we were about to go to the tip when the plumber turned up asked for a mug I tea and then disappeared before I made it! Oh well will make it when he returns

Stay safe and have a good day
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Good morning fellow members what a beautiful morning sunny and not too cold.
I am encouraged to think that we have escaped the worst of the winter weather and spring is not far away.

I am off to clean the oven the twins will be 5 this weekend and I have been instructed to make 40 gingerbread men with chocolate faces ready for their party so will start with a spotless oven.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone, I hope you are all fair to middling if not on top of the world. Lovely spring day out there. I have an appointment at the docs at 10.50 to follow up on the hospital report. One foot is almost back to normal no pain, but the right foot is still very swollen and red and very painful. My COPD is not doing me any favours either.
Anyway must go and rest now for a while, Take care everyone, God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you are all fair to middling if not on top of the world. Lovely spring day out there. I have an appointment at the docs at 10.50 to follow up on the hospital report. One foot is almost back to normal no pain, but the right foot is still very swollen and red and very painful. My COPD is not doing me any favours either.
Anyway must go and rest now for a while, Take care everyone, God bless.
Hi Moyra it is good to know your foot is improving.

Do you have medication for your chest problems. I have a couple of chest conditions and it can be very draining and depressing in the winter having constant chest infection.
If you do don't be afraid to suggest a change in medication. I had a few really bad years with chest infections running from November to April (including a bout of Pseudomonas which was a worry). Then my DIL who is a nurse suggested I talk to my doctor about changed my inhaler and things have been much better since then with a lot fewer chest infections.
It could I suppose be coincidence but it is great to feel better .
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Souds like the weather here yesterday has made its way Darn Sarf, here it is dull and cloudy, feels cold as well, but no frost last night at least. Thinking about taking Mabs and Keshi onto the river for a blast to run off the head of steam Keshi will have built up. Mabs doesn't seem to have that need, she's happy to play and run Keshi ragged, but at the same time she'll also go a normal walk, running ahead having a sniff round, and not behaving like she hasn't been out for a month!!!! Hope the docs appointment goes well Moyra, armed with your hospital documentation they will surely see that they do actually need to DO something rather than sitting twiddling their thumbs. Once you've cleaned your oven Meg, would much appreciate some help with mine, no rush, do the gingerbread men first of course Twix, am fascinated by the poor saga and can't wait to find out what its all about. Sue, were you expecting the plumber, and did he come back for the tea, I thought the Greenhouse was the current project Bet its a lovely morning where you are Nippy, the sun shining on the water etc. Hows Celia now, any better in herself at all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Morning all
mmmmmmmmm gingerbread men, errrrrmmm make that 50 and send 10 men my way thanks
Moyra, good luck at the doctors, hope they sort you out and send you off to a chest consultant
A poo saga....how very odd, will wait to hear the story behind that one Lol
Lacey further to last nights conversation about beans nope i hate baked beans vile things, not found any beans i do like yet
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Good morning Meg, June and Moyra

Pleased at least one foot is better and hope the other is soon. Good luck at the docs

Enjoy your walks June and you making your gingerbread men Meg

No was not expecting the plumber - he should have been here last week! Still he's back and working tea in place. Something in the airing cupboard not working properly it controls the flow of water from hot tank and the boiler so not a big job and hopefully will be gone soon. Have done some work moving stones ready to level for greenhouse but hopefully to the tip soon
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »