View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks SUE,she is absolutely fine I on the other hand am a nervous wreck!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Afternoon everyone. Glad Lacey is ok after giving you a fright Eileen.
Awww enjoy the rest Nippy Jen.
Glad the kitchen seems to be moving in the right direction June.
Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Enjoyed the breakfast it feels strange to be relaxing with no toilets to unblock and the heating and water working we had a nice cuppa in bed today something we haven't done since moving here.
Had a good result out of Mr. Tesco today. We bought one of those meal deals for £10, for some reason we checked the receipt before leaving and found we had paid the full price for the items instead of the £10 deal. Went to customer services and it seemed it was the profiterole dessert that was the problem. It was a part of the meal deal but not the one we chose think it was the valentines meal deal, anyway they refunded us £17.58 back so we got the meal for a £1.
We had coffee in Costa as well as breakfast out due to our good fortune earlier.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2015, 02:26 PM
LOL Lynn, it will feel strange without a disaster either in hand or on the way, relaxing over a nice breakfast whilst out had become a thing of the past Enjoy the meal deal tonight Eileen, that Lacey knows how to put the wind up you, probably missing the attention she was getting last weekend so decided to make a play for it, after all with OH away she probably thought you had nothing better to worry about. Sue it is my ceiling that is a work in progress, it is now painted, and I have the first lot of dust sheets in the washer, and another lot waiting, electrician next week to do the lights -of course everything else looks a mess now, but will have to wait a good few months for me to get stuff done as got jobs on the car need doing first. Took plasterer to Wickes for the trap for the sink and its not that after all, he says its from further up near the plughole and I'm going to have to get a plumber out, the tray underneath will have to suffice for now I've got in the routine of emptying it a couple of times a day anyway Plasterer is a bit of an odd job man and said to me to keep his number and he'll come and do general handyman type of stuff, so thats great because I am in need of a Man Who Can, but only for the DIY stuff and he can then go home and not want or need attention from me in any other way apart from being paid and copious cups of tea made
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi yawl hm touch of amerikey . Anyway they loved the biscuits. Training went well. Sara came and did her class so I wasn't on my own but she still isn't 100% oh well at least she has a week off still for half term. Two programmes to maybe watch tomorrow Sunday but clash so can be watched on later channels. Casual vacancy in 3 parts on BBC 1 at 9pm and on channel 4 Indian summers. All clash with Mr Selfridge.
Have a good rest of day.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 04:50 PM
BRENDA,it is way to early for a bevvy
LYNN,well done with Mr Tesco You sound loads happier and a lot more relaxed
TW,all going on with you The mess will be so worth it Went to Next Home to buy accessories for bathroom Candles,vase,ornament one of those fragrance bottles with the little stick things coming out the top The stuff in there was gorgeous,one of everything would be nice Off to take heart breaker for a dander,she came shopping too,sat in the car with youngest and had a McDonalds burger ...well it is Valentine's Day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi Everyone, have been in absolute agony today with both ankles so much so I resorted to taking a couple of tramadol I had in the cabinet. Still hasn't taken the pain off. used all the volterol so now using deep Relief. I have got to the stage that apart from drinking water I am frightened to eat or drink anything. Oh well have a good night to night everyone. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Moyra am hoping that by tomorrow it will be out of your system, drinking lots of water is a good idea actually as it will flush all the toxic stuff out of your body. Really hope that you are better very soon as it sounds as though you are in a bad way. You need to move nearer to one of us so we can help!!! Eileen, gradually cleaning worktops so I can put everything back, no idea what is going to be like mopping the floor, its full of plaster and my mop bucket will end up with a load of made up plaster inside it!!! Staying very light here, it was very dark by this time yesterday and heavy rain, makes a change from the dark early evenings we've had over the last few months
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 05:37 PM
It's dark here June but it was lighter this morning. I am going to put my feet up now and see how I go. Very difficult putting the hoover around the flat with my light cordless machine in one hand and my crutch in the other but I did get round after a fashion. Amber had walked dirt and leaves in from the garden but then I couldn't blame her as her walks have been cut fairly short whilst I have been suffering. Right have a good evening all. God bless.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 06:12 PM
(( hugs)) MOYRA,that really sounds bad
TW,probably take a few runs over with the mop,you'll get there Took me 4 or 5 cleans before I was happy all the dust from the grout was off the tiles Going to have a speedy run round,make sure the place is tidy then I'll pop down to Xtra vision for a chick flick and a bottle of something naughty Looking forward to a Saturday night on my own actually pamper night too I think
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Ceilings dried lovely and nice and bright again after 3 days of brown plaster, will take a piccie when all the lights are up. Cleaned part of the worktop behind the hob and where the kettle is and will start putting stuff back gradually as i clean,then will start on the floor, like you say Eileen its going to take a few goes before it looks right. You've got it all planned for tonight haven't you, don't forget Griff's friend, Karl is on The Voice tonight so he needs lots of positive thoughts. Moyra take care of yourself, you sound in such pain
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >