Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Bilbo, Staffie, DOB 04

Bilbo, Staffie, DOB 04

His Story: Bilbo was found stray and unclaimed.

Salient points: Chunky Staffie with a lovely overtly friendly Staffie personality. Shows good instincts with other dogs. In good health.

Advert: Have you heard how wonderful Staffies are? Well if you are looking for the 'everything' Staffie, concentrated goodness, emotionality and kindness, thank your licky stars Bilbo is here! Yes he really is a hobbit ... hobbits we reckon were based on Staffies; (Elves on Greyhounds..etc!) and Bilbo himself is here looking for his little shire. Bilbo gets on with other dogs, but loves people. He makes his Staffie noises and grumbles/ growls in his glee, but nothing behind it. He has a big smile for everyone.

Bilbo needs to go to his home and we are trying to find it for him. He is older, around 6-7 years old and kennel life is really not to his liking. So if you are looking to help a Staffie ... this one is awaiting his forever home. He'll offer and give you everything in return for your love.

“Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-05-2010, 08:10 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers ...

“Took Bilbo to lunch today and he so likes fuss. One of those dogs you can find yourself fussing for hours if you aren't careful. Leans into your leg and laps it all up. Bit excitable with the lead when we first left the kennel but settled beautifully after that”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Little Bilbo is depressed in kennels ... he wants to go back to The Shires ... a foster home would be good too!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-06-2010, 11:14 AM
An update from Heather, one of our volunteers:

“Having seen Bilbo in his kennel many times, we finally got to take him out today. Looked through the door - where was he? Sitting in his basket peeping out through the hatch...

It didn't take much encouragement and he was jumping up and down with excitement but as soon as I held onto his collar and got the harness over his head he sat down quietly as good as gold to let me sort the rest out. He did try to chew the lead and play tug, also a couple of times on our walk, but he was quite easily distracted and told a firm No every time.

Very hot day and Bilbo drank the whole contents of his water bottle and was glad to stop in the shade. As soon as I sat down he was right next to me and had a lovely cuddle. He very much wanted eye contact and kept looking between me and Tom for attention. Bilbo's such a happy and friendly lad and so well behaved - a great dog and the only one we've known to pose for photos”!

Here's our Bilbo saying: I'm ready for my cuddle now.

Bilbo is currently in boarding kennels and is available to foster until his forever home comes along!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
An update from Lynne who was down at the kennels:

"Bilbo ... well I tripped on a tree root and Bilbo rushed to my aid and sat in between my legs saying..don't worry love I'm with you I'll look after you

We had a lovely walk and he so loved the stream ... back and forth to enjoy a long drink and 'the moment' with his paw pads cooling down ...".

Bilbo would benefit from a foster home until his forever home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-07-2010, 09:39 PM
An update from one of our volunteers:

"Well what a day I had today!

I arrived at the kennels to take Bilbo to a sponsored staffy walk, we've never met but he seemed quite happy to have a strange lady break him out of kennels LOL! I harnessed him up and popped him in the back of my car, in a crate beside my lurcher Django, neither dog minded at all.

When we arrived at Box Hill 30 peaceful minutes later I got them both out and walked them round, they were quite happy in each others company, so I walked around the many bikers in the car park and his winning smile raised over £20. Thank you lovely biker boys and girls!

Then the others arrived, 12 of us in all, all with staffys and barely a grumble between them. Django and Bilbo walked and mingled in perfect harmony, I just had to steer Bilbo alongside rather than head on to other dogs, to keep harmony reigning, he is quite amicable as long as you don't allow him to engage in a starring match and is so easily turned away from confrontation, this lad with a little practice and away from the high stress of kennels will very easily be a sociable fellow, he is so calm natured and quiet and so affectionate.

He swam across the river crossing and once on the other bank kept going back for more paddling LOL! Lynne keeps telling me staffy don't like water, I don't believe her! Once back in the car park, I opened the back of the car and Django jumped in his compartment closely followed by Bilbo! He wanted to share a very small space and cuddle up with Django on the way home!

Such a charming, gentle boy, I would love to have taken him home to finish the evening curled up on the sofa. Have you room on your sofa for a quite small well mannered gentleman?

This was their first meeting.

Making friends in the car park.

Sharing a drink.

We all took a break.

Ahh, a good place to sit

Please don't pull me in!

What beautiful eyes he's got, they really are orange. He wanted to stay with Django - made me cry to take him back to the kennels!

Someone MUST want this wonderful boy"?

Closed Thread