Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Peggy, Blood hound x, DOB 2006-07

Peggy, Blood hound x, DOB 2006-07

Her Story: Peggy was found stray and never reclaimed. She is a bloodhound in brindle clothing! She has had many puppies in the past life and is now spayed and ready for her new life.

Salient points: Peggy is special and very versatile. She could live with children, cats and possibly another dog. She is gentle in nature. Can pull on the lead in initial keenness, but soon settles.

Advert: Peggy is a medium large cross breed with a “bloodhoundy” feel and character. She is about 3-4 years old; so much the gentle mother in her instincts and all who meet her attune to her gentle vibe. She has character and matched in with her almost unique looks, it guarantees her owners will be bowled over and never find another more gentle or special dog. She is a little pacey in a new situation, excited and curious. She needs to be guided as to acceptable behaviour for example around kitchen surfaces and food. She takes treats gently. She is housetrained. She is in good health especially since she has been spayed. She has slightly concave back legs which don’t inhibit her gait, but look a little awkward on standing.

Peggy shouldn't be in kennels. You just know this dog has come from less than perfect beginnings, but she has grace and qualities which shine forth freeing her from that past. This almost demands she be given a fitting family to love and whose companionship she will so enjoy. She meets dogs well and is a little shy of cats. She can lift her paws gently on to your shoulders and give a little lick and returns to earth. Yes Peggy is an 'earth mother' grounded and calm unperturbed, but yes, excited by the prospect of finding her family. What a lucky family!

“Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Our volunteer walker had another lovely walk with Peggy, she won a couple more admirers today - not surprising - she is beautiful

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Aww she's lovely, I really hope she gets her forever home asap
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Delighted to report that this dog has now found a forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Sadly Peggy's homing has fallen through and she is still in kennels waiting for her forever home or of course a foster home if one comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:11 PM
An update from one of our volunteers:

"I decided to give Peggy a break from the kennels today and we took her home for a treat. We had a lovely long walk in Gatton Park and then came back and chilled in the garden all day! Peggy was her usual adorable self, she completely charmed my parents. She wasn't at all bothered by my dad building a shed and making a lot of noise. If only our dog Poppy could live with another dog..."!

Peggy needs a foster home until her forever home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:37 PM
An update from one of our volunteers:

"Peggy loves to run, but I was not up to it at the end of a long day...

So we settled on walking & cuddles instead"!
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2010, 08:46 AM
do you still think she is a bloodhound? as personly knowing bloodhounds she doesnt look any thing like a bloodhound. i would say more bull mastiff or even boxer X. brindle is not a hound colour and her face is "wrong"sort for a bloodhound. or even a pack hound. but she is very sweet and i do hope she finds a good forever home,
Closed Thread