View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Two of our volunteers took Harry out for the day to give him a break from kennel life. Here is their update:

"Harry went on an adventure today! We travelled in the car down to see some friends in the Horsham area and their three young children. Harry behaved beautifully! He seemed to enjoy being in the car and watching the world go by.

Then when we arrived at Emma & Paul's after an initial explore around their large garden he settled really well with the children Lucy 7, Jessica 6 and Oliver 3, and waited patiently while we had some lunch - no beggng - then we were off for a good tramp through the woods.

He really is making huge progress, he is so much more connected with people now than he was before and although still a bit of a puller and very excitable in the kennel before the walks these areas are improving too.

It was so hard taking him back to the kennels - he didnt want to get out of the car and was looking very sad (although that could have just been tiredness!) when we left him in his kennel - if it wasn't for the cats and chickens at home I'd give up work tomorrow and we'd take this lovely boy on! He would make such a lovely family pet! Soon Harry soon I'm sure!

Harry could really do with some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. Is anyone able to help?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-06-2010, 09:43 PM
An update from one of our volunteers:

“Harry was the first to receive the 'Carl's been reading Cesar Milan' treatment today! I have to say it did seem to help! Here he is on a loose lead! - honest no pulling!!

Obviously he wasn't perfect but proved he is responsive to training.

It was very hot so we had a bit of a sit down for a drink and a roll in the grass on the walk:

He seemed to enjoy that!

While as always we have everything crossed that Harry's forever home comes up tomorrow, I think he would be great company on holiday”!

Sophie & Carl will be taking Harry on holiday with them if his forever home doesn’t come up before hand. They will giving him a much needed break from kennel life while he waits for his forever home.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Sophie & Carl took one of our kennels dogs on holiday with them to give them a break from kennel life. Harry was the lucky dog and here is their update:

"Well we're back. I can't say there weren't tears on Friday when we took Harry back to the kennels but hopefully he has gone back fitter if nothing else (we certainly are!).

I can't reiterate enough what a good dog Harry is. At home he has no issues whatsoever, he is completely housetrained. We had no accidents all week, and we didnt have a secure garden so he had to wait until he went out for a walk each time! No chewing, scavenging, begging barking or food isses.

After just a few days building his confidence and getting to know us his pulling on the lead was drastically reduced. We even managed to start some recall training on the 10m lead.

Harry also proved that once he becomes more familiar with his surroundings, and the local dogs, he becomes much less anxious and distracted. He showed this with his differing reaction to the pack of 4 collies that the cottage owners had from the beginning of the week to the end. On the last day they came up to him while on his walk, all off lead, and he barely noticed!

We will sorely miss Harry - he was a wonderful holiday companion - if circumstances were different we would make him part of our life tomorrow.

However, we have some lovely photos to remind us of the lovely week we had with him. Hopefully they will help to show his future family what a great dog he is so we wont be walking him at the kennels for much longer.

A quick wash and brush up before we go!

We're off!

Very tiring this travelling lark!

Who's that!?

Playtime!

Just updating my blog"!

So this is the sea then?

On Bodmin moor

Caving!

Checking out the view

Handsome boy!

Home James!

So..... it's wet then.

Paddling

Sorry too busy with the seaweed to play now......

Picnicing on the sand

Total recall

Some of these stiles are a bit high!

A post picnic snooze......

Rock pooling

Sunbathing on the beach

Walking like a good boy on a loose lead!

Bushed!

Really bushed!

Awww - do we have to go now!?

Still a handsome (if slightly heavier!) boy

Night night.

Sitting nicely to have my harness & leads put on.

Harry is available to foster until his forever home comes along.
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:25 AM
He looks like he had a great time He's a gorgeous boy I can't understand why no one has given him a home yet Fingers crossed that will change soon
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Awww Harry looks like a wonderful dog, fingers crossed he finds someone soon.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2