Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-01-2010, 11:12 PM

Musky (Autumn Governer), Greyhound, 11.2.05

Musky (Autumn Governer), Greyhound, 11.2.05

His Story: Musky is an ex-racer with 41 races under his belt. He gained his retirement in Oct 2009 through a cruelty case being filed against the racetrack owner because of the conditions he and his friends were kept in.

Salient points: Full sized Greyhound. Adapted very well to family life in foster, developing good skills swiftly considering his kennelled background. Good with dogs and people, but not for cats or small furries. Maybe some time before he comes off lead outside.

Advert: Musky is a splendid "grey", born 11th Feb 2005. Autumn Governor is his race name which holds great significance for him. In his 1st autumn he began his training and in his 2nd autumn he came first! Another busy year and he gained retirement by his 3rd autumn and was in his 4th autumn he has gained his release .. we are hoping he will gain his family by his fifth birthday then lets look at how life serves him by his 5th Autumn in his Governor's home!

Musky has been neutered and vax'd. He enjoyed foster and adapted so well to living with 2 'greys' and a small dog. He lives well with other dogs and is finding a whole new side to life. We are looking for a family home for him so he can become accustomed to civilian life in full glory. At last this is what I was born to ... life suddenly filled with colour! Please note the champers in the last picture just waiting to pop!

"Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Oh my

I've always wanted a grey........ wish it were possible to take him....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 08:05 AM
He is gorgeous...Clive and I were talking about Greyhounds the other day, he didn't realise they don't need that much exercise and that they are happy just lazing around on the sofa, he did say it would be something to consider in the future...I wish I were in a position to offer him a home, I really do.

I hope someone can find a space for him very soon, bless him.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 09:46 AM
He's magnificent.

I wish you the very best finding his forever home
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Grey's sleep for about 23 hours a day! One of the easiest dogs in the world to own! The 'loads of exercise' theory is fallacy!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-01-2010, 08:06 PM
An update from Musky’s fosterer:

“Musky playing with a favourite toy:

He is settling in better every day although the boys are still showing off to each other a bit at times. It is just a settling in period I think. They do like to go out in the garden together though to visit next door's dog at the fence. All 4 dogs walk nicely together on lead morning walk.

Musky is excited when Alex and Josie come home from school and has a good bounce. He is very keen on his food or anyone else's LOL!

He knows his name and is responsive to voice corrections. At the moment we are working on not coming out of the kitchen door to get the chickens. He doesn't bark or make a fuss, but wants to get at them nonetheless.

He has been left for 1.5 hours with the other dogs happily.

Generally quiet - I think he will come out of himself more when he settles. Looking forward to seeing his happy go lucky side.

Greyhounds doing what they do best:

From left to right : Millie, Musky,Muffy, Levi”
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Its so sad that I keep indoor rabbits, as I would be chomping for him... he is stunning, I love greys too, but the bunnies came first I'm afraid.... Hope his forever home is found asap
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Its so sad that I keep indoor rabbits, as I would be chomping for him... he is stunning, I love greys too, but the bunnies came first I'm afraid.... Hope his forever home is found asap
Know what you mean hun....cats,furries and chickens here....he'd think his christmas's had all come at once.

But if I didn;t have all them....I'd be racing you to get him xxx

Fingers XXXXXX for him
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Know what you mean hun....cats,furries and chickens here....he'd think his christmas's had all come at once.

But if I didn;t have all them....I'd be racing you to get him xxx

Fingers XXXXXX for him
Now that would be funny, a race off for a lazy greyhound
I asked awhile ago if I could rescue a grey and was told to wait until the bunnies either go outside or I don't have any... might be possible when and if we move as the bunnies will be having a custom built shed (no dogs!!) The room we have them in at the moment is a through room for the garden so the dogs do see them....
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2010, 01:37 PM
What a fabulous pic of them all dozing together!!! I would be a terrible fosterer I dont think I could let them go after seeing them like that!!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >