View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:27 PM

What does your dog do to make you feel special?

just wondered,
as faith slept on my bed through the whole night last night, for the first time since the night she came home

awww

she also always gives everyone a really nice greeting, and i know some people dont like licking, but its lovely when she sitting in the car and then you come back and she licks your ear and wags her tail

whats does your dog do??
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:33 PM
May sound weird, but coming back to me when off lead.

Because... if she didn't want to be with me, she wouldn't come back...

Also, just the way she is with me. If she hurts herself, she comes to me... if she wants a fuss, she comes to me... if she wants food, she comes to me... if she is scared, she comes to me... if it is a choice out of going to hubby or me, its me...
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2009, 01:27 PM
i suppose it would be a bit downhearting if she ran off
sounds like she defo repects and loves you
awww
Bethy-boo91
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Gotta love dogs and their kisses!

My Great Dane, Bailey, when I would walk up to the front door (we had blury glass half way up) I could just see the top of his head and eyes and could see his head swaying back and forth cause of his tail wagging, my mum would come and unlock the front door and tell me to take him away because he would be whining all day and constantly go up in my room to look for me, anyway he would always do this thing where he would spin around in circles on the spot or run up and down the stairs and bark at me because he was so happy to see me

another thing he would do was if I was sat on my old computer chair doing work or something, because of his height he would rest his chin on my shoulder and I could feel his whole body swaying because of his waggy tail, and he would try and snort or lick my ear to get his mummy's attention!
Sockspop
New Member!
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Everything lol! Especially the greeting I get even if I have just been in another room, and I love the way she looks at me when she wants to please me
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Great recall, and just lovely doggy cuddles & kisses on the bed
Throwthestick
New Member!
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi,

What a lovely topic! We have quite a few dogs and all of them have their very own personalities.

Kaylee: my mastiff is definitely *my* dog. If my husband tells her to do something she will come find me - even if I am in a different room! she'll give me this really specific look and I always say "yes you have to listen to him" and she'll go back to "Dad" and do the command.

Gideon: our Bouvier Des Flandres is really a rather standoffish dog but he always has time to come give Mum a cuddle.

Danica our standard poodle is my daughters dog and I haven't really bonded with her too much. Our other two are still pretty young puppies and their personalities are still coming out!

Bea & Co
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Just being there, especially when I get in from work. There's nothing better than pulling up in the drive and seeing Bailiie stood looking out the window, then suddenly disappearing, knowing she'll be there ready for our big hellos and cuddles n kisses once I walk in through the door....

Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 10:46 PM
The cuddles I get and I love it how she lies on the back of the sofa, looking out of the window and getting all excited when she sees me walking up the house
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2013, 11:07 PM
There is no "welcome home" quite like the one you get from a dog!

If both my OH and I are out for more than an hour or 2 we usually crate Cora just to make sure she and the cat don't get too rough without us home. Any shorter than that and she is left in the living room with the door ajar. On our return, once we are in the porch, we are met by a dancing, wiggly pup with the hugest eyes and best doggy smile ever. We feel mean when we ask her, through the glass door, to sit and calm down before we come through to the hallway with her, but once she sits, we come through and give her massive hugs and kisses.

We recently had to have her stay at my in-law's for 2 days due to our clash of work commitments and coming home without her to welcome us was painful. Just didn't feel right at all.