Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone,
Weather been ok here, really windy overnight like everywhere. Went to see my cousin for coffee & chat today. Went at lunchtime cos her eldest goes to nursery at 12.30 & it meant we could catch up properly
I took Rosie out really early this morning.
But we have a bit of a quandary ( posh word alert )
When I got up ( I got up at 8am) one of my back fence panels was right down & smashed. Now my new neighbour Betty was having a new fence across her back because when they took all the conifers down it broke hers, I say hers cos it's also the lady behind her.
Now comes why I'm a tad confused- while I was on my way home Tony rung me really annoyed, he said our fence was still standing when he went to work at 4.30am cos Rosie went out, he wouldn't have let her out with no fence! He had a rant saying that bloke must have broke it when he was putting her fence up blah blah, I spoke to Betty & she claims all the panels where down at 7.30 before her fence guy got there,
Tony says the winds had died down, of course I believe him.
I can tell you we've had some horrific winds here those panels have never moved as we've got some support at the front of them & that's been pulled up to.
It's more the principal as I know panels are not that expensive but I don't think that panel fell on its own
Sorry for the long rant
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Oooh that does sound a bit suspect Mandy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Yeah, its them. Sorry this happened to you Mandy, you could have ended up with Rosie running around and you running around frantically looking for her. They don't want to pay for the damage they did, bottom line. Pity there's no CCTV really, its not nice they won't own up is it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Been out on another recce today.
Harvey how is Lara today ?
Yes Lara is doing well, she really wanted to come on our walk to day, and she saw a squirel run in front of us and chased it up a tree, she had only one screech when she shook her head so hopefully she is getting over the pinch nerve problem and haven't heard her cough for a week now so we are praying the lung thing is sorted as well.

I can tell you are getting into house hunting mode Couple of things, one is beware when they say 'non standard construction' (first one) could be a problem. The other point is a lot of that area is on a flood plain, the Wash hasn't flooded for a hundred years or more but if a property is on a flood plain then it could happen. You probably know about both points but thought I should mention it.

Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I spoke to Betty & she claims all the panels where down at 7.30 before her fence guy got there,
Sounds suspicious to me too, but difficult to prove.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 10:27 PM
I know well we've secured the gap, so know Rosie can go out in the garden, will have to wait till weekend to sort it.
I know we can't prove it & that's annoying.
Ah well am off to bed, got a 'back to work plan ' chat with my boss tomorrow best be fresh for that lol
Good night all
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2