Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sylob
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2008, 10:21 PM

What are the signs of dog labour

Hi guys i have a bullmastiff female who is now 57 days into her pregnancy how do i tell if she is ready to give birth she is still eating but is a little restless and has pooped at least 5 times already today, would she be feeling presure? any help guys would be much appreciated......thanks:
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 10:51 PM
heavy panting is a good sign also digging up the bed is another
sylob
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
thanks for the reply she is panting only a little, i spoke to my vet 10 mins ago he said to take her temperature so i did and it only droped 1 degree, so i reckon its gona be a long night lol
P.S isnt this a great site glad to see other people like me who love there dogs
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Well when my Welsh collie was in labour, she started to dig a hole in the garden to give birth in. She was really restless and started to pant quite heavily. We just put her bed in our living room where it was warm and she got on with it!
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
There all different thats the trouble, Greta didn't do any digging at all, her temp droppped and she refused breakfast there was no panting but she did keep emptying her bowls during the course of the morning, her waters went around 11.30am and she delivered her first puppy 45 mins later.

Good luck

Mo and the Gang
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
When my girls go in to labour the day before they stop eating, temp drops, panting starts, heavy sleeping in between panting, lots of digging, lots of poo-ing and looking totally fed up with themselves.
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Is there know news yet?

Mo and the Gang
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Crazy cocker thats what I'd read bitches do so when my bitch went & lay on my bed straight after a large meal I didn't expect a puppy 15 minutes later. She showed no signs of labour & didn't even pant much, if the puppies hadn't still all been in the sack I'd have sworn they'd walked out. She demanded food between each birth as well. With 10 puppies we got through nearly a full packet of digestive biscuits, had taken them for me but I think I only got one.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
My Inca recently had 9 pups - now all gone to their new homes, but she was different from my other girls, she continued to eat until the morning of the day she gave birth and stayed very active until about an hour before the first pup arrived. Plus she wasn't sick either which my girls usually are just before that first pup arrives.
leelovesjayson
New Member!
Female 

09-05-2011, 12:37 PM
can any1 help me dose any1 no the signs of dog labour ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >