Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 05:25 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Tuesday.

Morning everyone I'm back some of you already know.
Don't forget to change your calendars today as its the 1st of October.

No idea what the weather is doing at the moment as I have just surfaced and no blinds up or curtains opened. It does feel chilly though.
Not a lot on today except housework.

(((Hugs))) for those that need them today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Good morning LYNN, yaayyyyyyyyyy you're back!!! and morning to everyone else too.

I hope you won't need the sick bay after going cold turkey on Dogsey for almost a week there Let alone all the other less important things to do on t'internet with the house sale going on. I hope it's all moving forward smoothly now and you'll be in there for Christmas won'tcha, so I won't have to pop next door we can have your housewarming on here Lovely to see you back Lynn, we were getting worried about you. Hope Dillon has been behaving himself for you.

Well, I went all the way down the town for 8.45 yesterday to get me hair cut, and just as I went to go through the door, he had gone through it first and turned around and locked it on me! Good job it was a glass one and he saw me standing there, he went all kinda white on me He asked me what I was doing there cos my appointment was for Tuesday Oh we did larf, so off I went, came home and pressure washed the front balcony (as yer do!). So now I've cancelled the haircut for today cos I want to go over to Bexhill and get some Thomson's waterseal and finish the job off so Dave can give me brownie points when he comes home. That's how it works here, he starts a job off, does all the hard bit, then I do all the cleaning up of everything else that's got splattered with waddever, and pretty it all up, and get the compliments when people comment on how nice it looks Poor Dave!

Hope everyone is well today along with the doglets, I haven't had time to catch up and I won't be around much all week either, cos what with the patio, then I want to do those curtains, it's a busy one here.

Pat, hope you're all settled in over here and glad it's not raining for you. I can't remember if it's today or tomorrow for the op, but will have everything crossed that it all goes well and you cope with all the worry before it's all over and he's on the recovery road. I managed to thread my little machine, filled the bobin, got one of Dave's hankeys out and voila, it worked! I had to alter the stitch size cos it was too small, but I'm pleased to see it already has a gap in the original foot for me to use the zig zag for hems. Is that what I use the zig zag for I think it is lol! Will be thinking of you Pat.xxx

Enjoy your day everyone, I'll pop in later when I'm on coffee break.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning Helena.
Good to be back.

Oh dear fancy turning up for your hair do a day early.
Nearly at exchange of contracts did pick up the mistake of the wrong solicitor on the draft contract sent by email to be printed off. Instead of our buyers solicitor they had mentioned our sellers solicitor.
Emailed them and will back it up by a phone call this morning too.
I feel we will be in this month sometime.

Aaaaaah my darling Dillon who loves to come and cuddle me and lay all over me and knock me down which you didn't read about yesterday then. Thankfully the field was empty at the time so no one to see me get side swiped and take a tumble.

Don't overdo that clearing up after Dave and see you on your coffee break.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Morning friends!

It's ugly cold tonight. After raining all day. The radio guys were swearing on air... they said the s-word. Soooo not ready for winter!

Spent some time today on the new forum... gotta say, you are all crazy! I'm recalling the banana bread. .. I think an extra ingredient made it in by mistake!

Ok, I'm going to bed now, you all have a wonderful morning... see ya when I wake up!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 06:39 AM
LOL Lynn, did he reeeeeally do that to ya I remember Cassie once did that to me, and the first thing I did when I landed on the muddy grass was to look around and see who was watching (and laughing!). That's a heck of a lot of weight barging into you, you could do yourself quite an injury there. Remember when I "fell over" Zena once when my bootlaces got tangled up together As I started to fall forward, she leaped in front of me, and broke my fall! See, you should have got yourself a shepherd Glad to hear it's all moving smoothly forward, but good job you're on the ball when you read their paperwork even if it is in draft form!
puzzymunkle
New Member!
Male 

01-10-2013, 06:45 AM
October already! bring back summer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Night night Sara. keep the rain please.

Helena yes all 8+ stone of him by now I shouldn't wonder. He is solid muscle. Gorden asked if he jumped all over me when I was down he didn't thankfully. Gorden said if that had of been me he would of jumped all lover me too. He probably would of done as well.
I remember the shoe lace incident.

Morning PM welcome to the morning thread.
It is indeed October already. I can't wait for the Spring.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Lynn - lovely to have you back - you woz muchly missed! Fingers crossed that there are no more problems regarding the exchange of contracts and that by the first of next month you will all be moved and settled! And tell that gorgeous Dillon of yours to stop knocking you over as we need you here safe, unbroken and unsquished!

Helena - now why does it not surprise me that you made a booboo regarding your hair appointment? Have fun with the curtains when you start them - I still have 5m of a glorious piece of fabric that I intended making into a couple of door curtains for my previous bungalow to stop draughts, but I do have the excuse that I do not have a sewing machine [my daughter nicked the lovely new one I brought from England, then she gave it away, unused by her, when they returned. ]

Pat - I hope your son is all ready for his operation tomorrow and that you and he both have a really pleasant day together today.

My new-ish alarm clock has stopped alarming so I have to find out why. I will bee extremely piddled orf if I cannot fix it as the one thing I do not need is yet another alarm clock which works as a clock but has lost its alarm. Got more than enough of those all over the place as it is.

As for them - no sight nor sound of anyone as yet - I wonder if some of them have walked off the job after yesterday's fracas - or maybe been told to walk? With 80% of the road ripped up and even cars having problems driving along the ridges and ruts, I have no idea whether I will be able to get onto the road let alone across it. If it is still like this by the end of the week I will have to phone my driver and ask him to go shopping for me.

Oh well - first of the month - Da Booga to be Frontlined and the extra Bonus day ditty to put up - and I have a feeling that my linen bin is calling out to be emptied and the washing done.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Morning all
How lovely to see another new member joining us. Do you realise what you are letting yourself in for MP!!
Helena you really are a liability You should never be let out on your own
Good to have you back Lynn, hope Dillon behaves today
Sara crazy? dunno what you mean!!

Hope you all have a good day xx

Hi Malka who snuck in there!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning Malka. I hope Dillon doesn't do it again I don't much like being knocked over. I am trying to remember to move quicker trouble is he changes direction. I think he has an exocet missile installed in him.

More road troubles just what you don't need why is it lately you just seem to get one thing straight and think you can relax and two things rear their ugly heads and cause more problems ?
Fingers crossed they turn up soon and it is all sorted even sooner.
Good luck with the alarm clock.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »