Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Morning all
TW, fingers crossed for Lona
Lynn, nice of you to think of leaving mark and lauren to have time to themselves
I am feeling a lot better today....i felt terrible from the minute i was up to the time i fell asleep, not made me feel that bad for a looooong time..over with for a week now Yay
Sunshine is out too, lovely
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Besoeker Do you think you picked Max or did Max pick you?
Good question. My dear wife found the rescue centre with a collie. She knew that's the breed I would go for. We had to walk him on several consecutive days to the satisfaction of the rescue center before we were allowed to take him.

What can I say? It has worked out well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Good question. My dear wife found the rescue centre with a collie. She knew that's the breed I would go for. We had to walk him on several consecutive days to the satisfaction of the rescue center before we were allowed to take him.

What can I say? It has worked out well.
Ahhhh right place right time and a little searching
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Ahhhh right place right time and a little searching
Yes, the right time indeed. A little more flesh on the bones of the tale with apologies to those who have read this before.
I was going to retire so we did two things. Got a dog and a camera. Both to get me out walking.

As it happens, I was diagnosed with cancer the week I retired. A lot of change all at once. The dog was great therapy during the weeks of treatment when it would have been easy to go into a doward spiral of depression and self pity.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Update on Lona. Vets just rung and she is coming round and still sleepy and I have to pick her up at 3.30. Phew...its always a worry.
Bad News....was washing up and happened to look up and the curtains on Numbnuts bedroom are drawn shut. Oh Sh!t
I did see his mum out with her dogs before, she was walking one and someone else was walking the other, they had a very tight top on and was obviously very pregnant, a lodger, or maybe a daughter who is pregnant (God Help Me if she is a psycho as well) Very worried in case it all starts again, the fights between Mabs and Zen are certainly lessening now, partly because Cariad seems to have woken up and has resumed control of the family and I was cleaning up today and she let Zen know in no uncertain terms that she was not to come near her and her bone, and Zen stayed right where she was and didn't dispute it either. Just feel sick to be honest
Am hoping Lacey is OK but the longer there is no news I think its bad news
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2017, 01:42 PM
oh gosh TW, i do hope it isn't him back and hopefully the daughter if that's what she is will be o.k
great news about Lona
Yeah...i am worried about Lacey...hopefully she is just rushed off her feet with the babies
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Update on Lona. Vets just rung and she is coming round and still sleepy and I have to pick her up at 3.30. Phew...its always a worry.
Bad News....was washing up and happened to look up and the curtains on Numbnuts bedroom are drawn shut. Oh Sh!t
I did see his mum out with her dogs before, she was walking one and someone else was walking the other, they had a very tight top on and was obviously very pregnant, a lodger, or maybe a daughter who is pregnant (God Help Me if she is a psycho as well) Very worried in case it all starts again, the fights between Mabs and Zen are certainly lessening now, partly because Cariad seems to have woken up and has resumed control of the family and I was cleaning up today and she let Zen know in no uncertain terms that she was not to come near her and her bone, and Zen stayed right where she was and didn't dispute it either. Just feel sick to be honest
Am hoping Lacey is OK but the longer there is no news I think its bad news
Great news about Lona, can I ask you who is next inline in your dsoggy dynasty if Cariad decides to abdicate?

Hope its not the nutter back, no point in telling you not to worry because you will regardless now.....how soon till the garde is sorted?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Yes, the right time indeed. A little more flesh on the bones of the tale with apologies to those who have read this before.
I was going to retire so we did two things. Got a dog and a camera. Both to get me out walking.

As it happens, I was diagnosed with cancer the week I retired. A lot of change all at once. The dog was great therapy during the weeks of treatment when it would have been easy to go into a doward spiral of depression and self pity.
Dogs do that have to say our Cassie (SBT rescue) was a God send to all of us when my Dad passed away suddenly flooring my Mom but leaving Mom in Cassie's capable paws seemed to settle all of us. When we lost Cassie in Jan we got Buster in March and he too is a Godsend; dogs are a reason to get up and move. They show empathy but do not allow you when ill to wallow into your self. They live in the now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Cariad's daughter, Keshi, will be the one taking up the reins. Recently she has given Mabs a telling off for going overboard with Zen, I thought she would take over by the way she acts.
If Tawney hadn't passed away the day she did, I would have taken only one puppy (Cariad) the following Saturday. As I had lost Tawney I did the unthinkable and came home with 2 litter siblings. If I hadn't brought Lona home with us, there would have been no Mabs, no Taran, no Horatio, no daughters from Horatio, no Zen........ I know Tawney went because it was my fate to take Lona (the breeder was going to keep her) and her fate to come to me. Funny how life works out isn't it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Good news about Lona June. Not such good news about numbnuts possibly being back in residence.

Mark just messaged cheffins contacted him they have been successful and got the house.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >