Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Flyball

I think my mums Springer Spaniel, Harry, would be fantastic at flyball, and we wold love to give it a go.

What sort of basics are needed for flyball?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 02:19 PM
A good recall and a ball obsession!!

Have fun if you try it
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Hmm, well he likes balls, the recall is a bit non existent at the moment, although he learnt to bring the ball back this morning

I already have poly posts and the netting used, I suppose I could trap him in and practice his recall
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Def work on the recall, and if you can get him really into a tuggy so much the better too
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
A good recall and a ball obsession!!

Have fun if you try it
And remember your ear plugs
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 07:09 PM
I was just about to ask about flyball - obviously I wont be trying Louie til he's a year old but today I was playing in the kitchen "dog in the middle" with Louie and he cam and pressed his front paws on my lap (I was kneeling) like they do in flyball and I thought - agility would've been good for him but he's got springer and lab in him so it makes more sense for him to retrieve.

So I think I will be entering him when I can - it'll also help with his recall

And go for it - Harry will have a blast and so will you - the thing that I'd probably sya you'd have more problems with is springers zig zagging as they run - he may just ignore the jumps LOL - but I suppose you, and I when I get round to it, will have to work on that
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2011, 10:10 AM
We are off to our first ever flyball session today and I'm quite excited. We are doing a threeweek taster course just to see if she can do it. She loves balls but is more about the chase than the bringing back!!! Her recall is awesome so I'm hoping she can pick it up.

We are also takin my mams mini poodle who is just mad,so it should be interesting!