Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Do some people leave you gobsmacked?

They do me

We took the gang out earlier, Tess's first road walk and car watching.......classic, but she was brill, then again she was found wandering the roads, so maybe thats why.
Anyway, we were stopped that many times by people asking if they could stroke the ''fluffy one'' it was untrue.
We went to the library where I stood outside and our Foster son dropped my books in for me, then we proceeded to go over the park.
I was approached by a lady asking if I was ''that person that goes over Queens Park training collies'' I said no but I knew who she was talking about, then she proceeds to tell me that she has 2 yorkies one male and one female, the female being 12 years old and has a litter every season as she has a waiting list OMG....I felt physically sick, but when I said ...Ummmm thats not for me, I don't breed and wouldn't breed a 12 year old anyway....suddenly I became public enermy No:1

We got to the park and we attracted the attention of a weirdo guy....who appeared to stalk us, offering £80 for Tess as he had ''taken a fancy'' and continued to walk round and round the park watching us....so I got my mobile out and made it look like I was phoning someone and he disappeared.

Then on the way back I got stopped by a lady who asked '''awwwwwww where did you get a black and white Newfoundland from she is adorable....and are these her parents.................. Skye and Bruce
i thought they were Border Collies
I thought ''its time to go home''
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Then on the way back I got stopped by a lady who asked '''awwwwwww where did you get a black and white Newfoundland from she is adorable....and are these her parents.................. Skye and Bruce
Blimey how big are Skye and Bruce ?
Yep, you certainly had some stupid comments today
[Weirdo guy sounds a bit creepy though]
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I think we all get days where the weirdos come out to play, but you seem to have more than your fair share today!! That poor little yorkie what a terrible life she must lead.

And you saying that about Bruce and Skye reminds me of being on a walk with my mum when she shouted at the top of her voice, 'Look at that enormous Dalmation!!!!' I looked around to see a Harlequin Dane and his very amused owner walking by!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Blimey how big are Skye and Bruce ?
Yep, you certainly had some stupid comments today
[Weirdo guy sounds a bit creepy though]
that guy was a creep......Bruce stands a better chance of passing as a greyhound hun, he's a lean boy granted Tess is big but the others are normal BC's
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I think we all get days where the weirdos come out to play, but you seem to have more than your fair share today!! That poor little yorkie what a terrible life she must lead.

And you saying that about Bruce and Skye reminds me of being on a walk with my mum when she shouted at the top of her voice, 'Look at that enormous Dalmation!!!!' I looked around to see a Harlequin Dane and his very amused owner walking by!!!
whats your mom like
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you met all the nutters today! Must be the mad collie lady impression you're giving out now
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Sounds like you met all the nutters today! Must be the mad collie lady impression you're giving out now
Must be
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:31 PM
LOL Steph, what a day!

I have had people ask on more than one occasion are maddy and star or charlie, dusty's parents? Because Maddy is silver and the other 2 are black and dusty is silver and black, hmmmm, and all of them very different breeds!

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post

LOL! Myles used to say that as my mum lives very close to some harli owners, lovely dogs they are, Myles always used to call the 'the big dalmatians'.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:34 PM

"And you saying that about Bruce and Skye reminds me of being on a walk with my mum when she shouted at the top of her voice, 'Look at that enormous Dalmation!!!!' I looked around to see a Harlequin Dane and his very amused owner walking by!!! "

You would think ,most of Joe Public would recognise a Border Collie when they saw one but my husband (a non-doggy person) asked a Labrador owner if it was a Rhodesian Ridgeback!

We have had a few people ask us if our female Kerry Blue terrier was a Scottie dog! I said nicely "Don't you think her legs are a bit long?!!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I stopped in at my office a few weeks back on the way to the vet with Stone and got him out of the car park for a wee (he was hobbling on 3 legs at the time).
A woman walked past and said 'ooh is that stray?'
Erm...no...he's mine
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
whats your mom like
Embarrassing!!

Originally Posted by random View Post
LOL! Myles used to say that as my mum lives very close to some harli owners, lovely dogs they are, Myles always used to call the 'the big dalmatians'.
I'll have to tell my mum that!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >