View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 02:46 PM
didn;t realise he was at stud .....I knew someone recently looking for a SBT stud
is he proven sal ?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
didn;t realise he was at stud .....I knew someone recently looking for a SBT stud
is he proven sal ?
Hi Inca,
Sent you a PM
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
It's really easy to trace an IP address. Just use a program like Sam Spade.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Sal - take a deep breath
Lets not forget, many of us have talked on threads about dire adverts we`ve all seen and the emails / messages sent off to some of them. Probably it`s just a case of the same thing, someone who does`nt know you, doesn`t know that you are ethical like those of us who do know you are aware of, we know how much you strive to educate but someone just reading adverts won`t be aware of that, and was probably someone frustrated at the bad one`s out there and unfortunately you got caught in that frustration

I can understand you feeling most affronted but if you can step back and look at it another way, is`nt it good to know there are people who care enough to get onto the bad ones even when they make a mistake without realising it - after all the decent ethical breeders are far out numbered by the dross type, probably in Staffies more than any other breed

If you can set aside being offended, maybe email them again and explain calmly that you can understand their anger toward the bad breeders but that you do advertise not so much to put your boy to stud but to help open eyes about the importance of health testing and ethics and that you weed out the one`s just after making money from their bitches and you educate those who will listen about health testing etc when they contact you ?

What I`m trying to say is there are a lot of cr*p breeders out there and whoever emailed you was`nt to know you are`nt one of them, so rather than respond with anger, respond with understanding and appreciation that people care enough to email breeders albeit it in clumsy fashion
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Sal - take a deep breath
Lets not forget, many of us have talked on threads about dire adverts we`ve all seen and the emails / messages sent off to some of them. Probably it`s just a case of the same thing, someone who does`nt know you, doesn`t know that you are ethical like those of us who do know you are aware of, we know how much you strive to educate but someone just reading adverts won`t be aware of that, and was probably someone frustrated at the bad one`s out there and unfortunately you got caught in that frustration

I can understand you feeling most affronted but if you can step back and look at it another way, is`nt it good to know there are people who care enough to get onto the bad ones even when they make a mistake without realising it - after all the decent ethical breeders are far out numbered by the dross type, probably in Staffies more than any other breed

If you can set aside being offended, maybe email them again and explain calmly that you can understand their anger toward the bad breeders but that you do advertise not so much to put your boy to stud but to help open eyes about the importance of health testing and ethics and that you weed out the one`s just after making money from their bitches and you educate those who will listen about health testing etc when they contact you ?

What I`m trying to say is there are a lot of cr*p breeders out there and whoever emailed you was`nt to know you are`nt one of them, so rather than respond with anger, respond with understanding and appreciation that people care enough to email breeders albeit it in clumsy fashion
Great post, Patch.

Hugs Sal - sometimes it's not easy hon, is it?

x0x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Sal - take a deep breath

Thanks,I did actually think about doing that and sort of replyed in the spur of the moment and yes I was quite angry but more offended.I suppose should have thought about it first,typical me.I think I will send another email apolgising for the way I came accross, and explain properly why I advertise and that's not because I'm desperate lol.
You've put things into perspective.
Thank You!
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Great post, Patch.

Hugs Sal - sometimes it's not easy hon, is it?

x0x
Hi Vicki,
It's definatly not easy,but if it educates just one person then it's worth it,I've turned down lots of enquires with explanations why.(I try to be polite and not offend)
I expect those who want to use my dog to have similar ethics to mine and breed for good reasons instead of "Just Because"

A stud fee is the last thing I think about to be honest, my breed and it's future are more important.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Hi Vicki,
It's definatly not easy,but if it educates just one person then it's worth it,I've turned down lots of enquires with explanations why.(I try to be polite and not offend)
I expect those who want to use my dog to have similar ethics to mine and breed for good reasons instead of "Just Because"

A stud fee is the last thing I think about to be honest, my breed and it's future are more important.
It's a great shame there's not more like you, Sal x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2