Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:03 AM

Cheek And Gobsmacked

You all know what I'm like with breeding,I have strong opinions.
I do advertise my dog at stud,mainly to educate those who are thinking of breeding and give what I think is good sound advice.I am extremely fussy about which bitches he covers.

Anyhow last night I recieved this email,

"are you desperate for stud work ,this page is to sell pups not for dogs looking to get proven
did you not know that the rescue centres are full of unwanted staffords"

I was gobsmacked because anybody that knows me both on forums and in public knows what I'm like,and knows I'm always banging on about unethically bred SBT's and rescue.It was just how it's written without bothering to find out about my ethics that got my back up.

So I replyed with the following,
Please do not insult my intelligence,

I know my breed,I have owned the breed long enough,I also only accept approved bitches which are over 18 months old,fully health tested and not produced a litter within the last 12 months.

We also have terms and conditions to which bitch owners must agree to before using our dog at stud.

Been a responsible person and Breeder I can assure you I have never added to the rescue crisis and hopefully never will,Oh and by the way my dog is a proven dog,so go preach to someone who needs your ill informed advice.

I DON'T!!!!

Whoever it was hasn't replyed yet,I hope they are as offended as I first was when I recieved it.Had it been sent in a different way,maybe asking why I was advertising him when there are so many in rescue it would have got a very different reply.By writing in that manner your not really educating anyone but telling them off which people don't appriciate.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:12 AM
were did the e mail come from? did it come from this site ? Can you not trace the e mail?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
were did the e mail come from? did it come from this site ? Can you not trace the e mail?
No it has nothing to do with ths site,I think I can safely say our members here are a bit more tactful
It came directly from the site where I advertise.

I haven't a clue how to trace emails,I'm not very computer literate
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey Sal. I know which site your on about. I am a member there too & I think it's safe to say it's gone to the dogs (excuse pun). I joined here today & it already seems a better place.

I think you seem very responible & the people on the other forum are getting too big for their boots. You have the right to do as you please.

The fact they are sending you horrible emails is disgusting. I hope they get their comuppence.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Sal,
I'm no computer guru either the last two letters will indicate if they are in uk or not (Unless they are using yahoo or similar)

I am told your ISP will be able to trace it but I think they only do that for really abusive or threatening type e-mails.

It's one of the bad things about the internet, people can hide behind their annonymous identities and like you say if they had worded their message a bit better they might not have got the response you gave
collies r best
New Member!
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I can understand why you were so mad but as you say that you've never added to the rescue crisis, does this mean you are in contact with every pup your stud has fathered and keep track of them thereby ensuring they are not in rescue for rehoming or being irresponsibly bred? This is not a personal attack just a question.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by collies r best View Post
I can understand why you were so mad but as you say that you've never added to the rescue crisis, does this mean you are in contact with every pup your stud has fathered and keep track of them thereby ensuring they are not in rescue for rehoming or being irresponsibly bred? This is not a personal attack just a question.
That's the only part I hate is not having any control over puppies produced by my dog,but before any he covers any bitch,the owners must agree to the following,
That they will take back any dog they bred regardless of it's age or contact us for help,as we are just as responsible as them the bitch owner,the puppies are also endorsed and chipped.
I am extremely fussy as to which bitches he covers,I know this is no guarentee but I do try my hardest and I can assure you if any puppies / dogs produced by my dog ended up in rescue if the breeder could not take them I would.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by AKitaChi View Post
Hey Sal. I know which site your on about. I am a member there too & I think it's safe to say it's gone to the dogs (excuse pun). I joined here today & it already seems a better place.

I think you seem very responible & the people on the other forum are getting too big for their boots. You have the right to do as you please.

The fact they are sending you horrible emails is disgusting. I hope they get their comuppence.
No it didn't come from there either I'm pleased to say.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Block their e mail address so they can't even reply, treat it with the contempt it deserves x
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
No it didn't come from there either I'm pleased to say.
Well I'm pleased to hear that . But so much crap has been going on there latley it's hard to know whats going on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >