Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Despite everything, gorgeous pup :0)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I can`t help wondering why she bred a lab. to a poodle (and yes all pups are cute). Why not to another lab? This is an innocent question not a pop!
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Well my understanding of the first poodle whatever crosses was to try and create a dog that the people with allergies could have. However, with that said I think that it has gotten way out of hand and people have the idea that these are now purebreds. I hate that idea but do they think they are really cute mixes Great pics!!!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 01:22 PM
i dont know why she chose to breed her lab with a poodle, may be it is because of people with allergies? or because they moult less? it wasn't for they money because they are the same price as what a pedigree lab would normally cost
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I refrained to comment, but the last post by Kirsty really does say it all!

I dont know why she chose to breed her lab with a poodle, may be it is because of people with allergies? or because they moult less?
No, its because she knows she can sell them, unless of course she has GIVEN them away to help people that suffer from such allergies, in which case its commendable.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 01:40 PM
well if they sell better than pure labradors then why not. there is a high demand for this cross, hence why people sell them for 800 and up
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Its a myth to think Labradoodles dont molt, they are a X breed between a dog that molts and a dog that does not...so common sense tells you the offsprings will inherit both qualities of their parents...unless of cause the breeder of these X breeds have come up with a way of isolating the shedding gene.

If you want a none molting dog go for a breed that does what it says on the package.

And to be selling for the same price as a purebred lad, means they are doing so for the money..
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Kirsty your last post, does read as if your aunt has only bred these pups, because of the high demand and money.
What ever her reasons for doing so, i hope each pup gets a long loving home they deserve.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 12:23 AM
IMO it doesnt really matter why she bred them. She did its over with and she did it with the pups (and dogs) in her concerns. I dont see the reason to argue or criticize why.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3