Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 10:12 PM

more floor advice!

we are hopefully (fingers crossed) moving into our new house in a few weeks. Anyway, it had new white carpets down at the moment. Indie is due in season anytime now and obv the carpet would get wrecked!
We can afford to change it, but not sure whats best. Do we leave it and hope it doesnt get blood stains and mud on it or do we a) change to a different colour or b)put laminate down.

after seein the laminate debate im not so sure now. But as the place is really small, a darker colour isnt an option
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 11:43 AM
if the existing carpet is a colour you like and you re ok with it then I would just put down some rugs, also at this time of year, mud, rain etc, some extra rugs is a good idea. You can always taken them up once Indie is out of season.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 12:52 PM
My Dad has laminate in Kitchen and dog 'lounge'! He says NEVER AGAIN!
Aside from the noise of tails and feet, the dogs seem to slip over regularly and cant get a grip!
Dont know if this helps, but thought I would tell you. I know it is easier to keep clean though!
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Do what ive done....cheat

We have beige carpets down in our lounge & dining room!! You can imagine the state with muddy Amy & 2 kids oh also a cream 3 piece.

My answer? Buy a bissell carpet cleaner They are amazing!! Ive just got the new proheat one & wow i have beige carpets again

sarah
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 03:27 PM
eek. dont kno wot to do. I do like the carpet , but i also like laminate anyway. It would obv be easier to keep the carpet, but we still have stains on bedding and things from when indie was in season last time.