Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vinny v
New Member!
Male 

23-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Pet-Insurance.co.uk ??

I've recently acquired my German Shepherd Roux who is six and a half years old and have desperatly been looking for some insurance with Liability cover.
The quotes I have had have been rediculous with most being over £20 per month but the one that interested me most is from a company called Pet-Insurance.co.uk who quoted only £10.03 per month for lifetime cover and £8.45 for cover until the dog is 10 years old.
This seems almost too good to be true and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience of this company or can advise of any pitfalls.

V
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Hardly any information about the company who's behind it or who underwrites their insurance - so personally I'd avoid them.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Looks like they are underwritten by E&L
vinny v
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Just found this in their website but doesn't mean a great deal to me as I've never insured a pet before:

Pet-insurance.co.uk is a scheme administered and underwritten by Equine & Livestock Insurance Co. Ltd. (Registered in England & Wales no. 294940) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA register number 20274. Equine & Livestock Insurance Co. Ltd. is also a member of the Association of British Insurers and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

V