Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Missing meds again

Chronic meds, those prescribed and signed for by the peripatetic GP we share with other Moshavim and Kibbutzim in the region are sent from the main pharmacy in town each month. Supposedly.

Last month my heart pills were missing. This month they are missing the meds I have to take for pancreatitis and gastric ulcers.

bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:57 PM
oh not good hope it gets sorted out quickly.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 11:18 PM
I hope that you got onto them right away? Are they sorting the problem for you Malka?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
oh not good hope it gets sorted out quickly.
Should be, but I will not get the missing meds until next Monday.

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
I hope that you got onto them right away? Are they sorting the problem for you Malka?
The problem is that the only way to get the meds, apart from waiting for the pharmacy at the main Health Fund clinic in town to get them in [they apparently "ran out of stock" of certain meds] is to get our GP to write out and sign a 'scrip, and then find someone to take it to a pharmacy in town. Which then boogers up the Health Fund computer records as only one month's supply is permitted at a time, and to get a 'scrip filled at a different pharmacy your Health Fund card has to be run through their computer wotsit and it is all registered - to make sure you do not get more than were initially prescribed.

Our GP only comes three times a week for 1½ hours, today being one of them, and she will have to contact the main clinic to tell them which meds are missing and for which patients. The meds should then be delivered to our clinic [presuming they are in stock], the earliest being this Thursday, but they can only be sent when our nurse is here and she will be off on Thursday. Which means Sunday being the earliest they can get here.

Luckily I usually have a couple of weeks' supply spare so can manage but I will be short of the ulcer ones so will have to cut my remaining ones in half...

Booger.

Incidentally, no free 'scrips for us wrinklies here although meds that are prescribed for chronic conditions are far less than the cost of NHS 'scrips in the UK which is, I believe, over £7 per item now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I hope it is all sorted soon for you Malka.