Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Scottish SBT Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

10-04-2006, 11:04 AM

Max 10yr old Staff.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tbun1/Max1.jpg
well what can I tell you about Max.

After 10 years with the same home Max was understandably a bit confused and upset when he arrived as through no fault of his own his whole world had been turned upside down. It took max about 2 weeks to settle in and although having never lived with another dog he has fallen in love with my Roxy and likes nothing better than cuddling up on the bed with her.

Max is okay with other dogs, he does bark at them when outside but it is not aggressive and is just to let them know he is here. His recall is not brilliant and will need work, he does come back but sometimes it is when he wants not when i want!!!, Cats are not his best friends not that he is too bothered when he encounters one but i would think he would probably chase if given the opportunity.

Max is fantastic with people and is not happy sitting beside you but wants to sit on your knee with his paws wrapped round your neck and his head tucked under your chin- no I am not joking, I have never met such a cuddly dog in my life!!!! He is a bit unsure of really small children, my niece is nearly 2 and again as he has not had much contact with little children he was quite scared when she was running around, therefore I would think a home with maybe sensible children over 10 would be best.

Max is completely houstrained, we have had no accidents in the 2 months he has been here, he is castrated, vaccinated and has had an op on his eye recently so has had a thorough once over and blood tests at the vet and hs been declared as fit as a fiddle.

Please dont let Max's age put you off, he is happy to walk for miles or indeed sleep all day with a couple of short walks, he can run like the wind when he puts his mind to it and keeps up with my 8 year old staffie no problems. I would like Max to go to someone who doesnt work all day or has a female dog that would keep him company. He is used to being left here for a maximum of 5/6 hours some days and we have not had any problems.

So if you think you have a Max sized hole in your heart please get in touch, this old gent deserves the best home in the world, and the love you will get in return will make it so worthwhile, he really is a special boy.

Alison - foster mum
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 11:13 AM
poor lad, he is a great looking fella, he is lucky to have you fostering him. I can't offer a home myself but i'm sure he will soon find his new forvever home- he's too nice not to
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
What a handsome boy! Hope he finds a new home soon.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Very handsome indeed, hope all goes well
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Good luck Max, what a handsome lad he is hope its not too long till he finds his forever home
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
OOH MAX what a love you are - really hope he gets a home soon.
goldenbas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey,

hopefully my home visit go's well and i should be able to give max the home, and all the love n attention he deserves, fingers crossed people.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Fingers crossed here, good luck hope all goes well
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2006, 05:34 PM
aww he's lovely!!hope he gets a forever home very soon
Scottish SBT Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey