Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yep hairless tend to be more than puffs! (not all breeders will charge different though ..) Breeders say they charge more for hairless because there are less of them in litters! I dont know!

and who said i agree with charging more for a hairless than a puff?? so that argument doesnt stand!
It was a way of demonstrating that supply and demand affect the price of a pup..even when all other considerations are equal.

So if you had a litter, would you charge the same price for all?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I have no idea----but I reserve the right to choose and pay for it-----I have ended up with enough dogs which I have not chosen. Now I wany to indulge myself a little.

If that means paying a breeder who may not be ethical then so be it---the pup still needs a home.

rune
The dog might still need a home, but you buying that pup is only giving the market to these dodgy breeders that so many people are trying to get rid of! when buying a dog from a bad breeder, its not just about the pup you are buying its about the space you are giving them to have another.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
It was a way of demonstrating that supply and demand affect the price of a pup..even when all other considerations are equal.

So if you had a litter, would you charge the same price for all?
If i 'personally' had a litter, then yes all my pups would be up for the same price, if they were puffs/hairless.. male/female..going to pet/agility/show homes.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
My sister has a white boxer who is totally deaf, think she paid £500 for her, not sure how that price compared to the rest of the litter. Somebody mentioned exepcting to pay around half for a white boxer, I deduce therefore my sister was ripped off!
It depends on how much the other pups were, their breeding & so on. Maybe the other pups were £950. I think thats about average for the mainland.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:28 PM
If i 'personally' had a litter, then yes all my pups would be up for the same price, if they were puffs/hairless.. male/female..going to pet/agility/show homes.
Thats another interesting topic. Often you will see one sex in a litter priced higher than the others
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know of a particulr dog/breed where one colour is priced higher than the other ?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Off topic slightly but it does go hand in hand a little.. I know of some breeders who charge more for their bitch puppies and also know of breeders that will prefer their pups to go to show homes and make the pet homes wait and charge more for these, as they get kudos in the ring from the show homes... Don't agree with that either, as my money is as good as anyones... I think!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

The dog might still need a home, but you buying that pup is only giving the market to these dodgy breeders that so many people are trying to get rid of! when buying a dog from a bad breeder, its not just about the pup you are buying its about the space you are giving them to have another.
Whilst i can see your point & understand your reasoning, what would you have done with such a pup/dog? Its ok talking about it but if you were presented with said pup in flesh, would you be able to turn your back & walk away? Its not that easy. Any living breathing creature from the time it draws its 1st breath is entitled to life.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I''ve had lots of people say that they really like Lily because her colouring is unusual for a jrt. She has no white on her at all, bar a few hairs on her chest, and would be considered imperfect by people who adhere to the breed standard of 51% white. Despite the fact jrt's are not KC recognised there is still a certain standard many aspire too.

I find it interesting that my little imperfection appeals to some people because she is different. I've been told that I should breed her with another brown terrier as I could charge more money for her pups as they'd
be 'unusual'.

Fortunately I have a conscience so we'll never know if this would be the case.
Hadn't considered the breed standard when I commented so when I replied, but I suppose I was just thinking "doodle" who don't have one as we know. Well done lilypup for your comments and good on you for your conscience. As for classing her as imperfect I'd call her unique, lovely little thing she is.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2010, 05:41 PM
In replay to velvets boxers question ....
French bulldogs, Shar-pei( seem to have loads of colours and dilute colours) staffs ,and our own boxers i have seen flashy boxers sold higher than plain ... Murf
Page 5 of 42 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »