Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2004, 02:15 PM

(quick Question) Epidurals

Who has had one??... and is it any good??

I'm thinking about it but, but reading up about it... i'm not sure about the big needle and tube that passes through to the spine, to get the stuff in.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 02:17 PM
i had one and it didnt work but that was nealry 18 years ago.have heard they are v good as long as theyre topped up and monitored properly, theres a risk of severe headaches after though, ive just been in for a major op an done of the women was out of it for 3 days wiv head n neck pain after one!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I have had 3 of them. I was told I was having big babies and that they were lying back to front inside me so I would need a drip to bring on strong labour so I opted for the epidurals.

I did not feel anything getting them put in. I cant get gas and air of any other drugs as they make me really sick.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Not good, i suffer from neck and headaches already... bugger that.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 02:23 PM
kirsty i dont want to put you off!!discuss it wiv your doctor but thats only my experience of it!!good luck chuck
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I've had two and they are brill Kirsty. U don't feel a thing honestly. I had problems with them putting the first one in cos I have a slight curviture of the spine but the second one didn't hurt at all.

I had no side effects at all
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Gas and Air make me vomit, terrible stuff... I may just have to have the pethidine then
Carole
Supervisor

30-11-2004, 02:25 PM
I cant even have pethidine or diamorphine
Annestaff
Supervisor

30-11-2004, 02:25 PM
I begged the nurse to give me a epidural, but labour was too quick and I was told it would harm the baby. At the time I wasn't bothered about the baby but they came out in the end with no pain relief.

I know people who say epidurals are great and they actually enjoyed childbirth, then there's others who didn't get on with them at all and had odd side effects. Guess its up to the individual Kirsty so when the time comes you do what you think best.
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2004, 02:35 PM
}}}cringe{{{{ at that word !! I had an epidural when i was in labour with my son, after they had positioned it and it started working, it was a god send, but the blokey actually inserting the needle......well thats another matter

pethidine i had 2 shots of and it made me violently sick! Gas and air did the same, the tens (sp?) machine i ripped off and threw at the male midwife who was unfortunate enough to get me as one of his patients

I was a real joy when i was in labour lol
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »