Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-05-2006, 05:43 AM

'mornin' all

It's going to be an interesting day today..
On Monday, whilst we were out and about working, I had a foncall to say that there were people at our yard, who wanted to work on the roof of the garage, and my car was in the way. I told them I would come back and shift it, and would be about 15 minutes.
When I got back I discovered that they hadn't waited, and had swept crud off the garage roof, on to my car, wiped it off (scratching the bonnet) and put a dent in the door with the ladder.
Their boss (they are a part of the same company, different management structure) rang me yesterday, after I'd complained to the Housing Office manager, to say that he'd been out to have a look, and couldn't understand why I was worried, 'cos my car had another dent in it anyway.....
Today he is coming to see me and the car.
Now....yesterday I wasn't thinking about claiming for the damage, just about letting him know his workmen were being careless. After that comment yesterday, I'm claiming.
For the record, the car has one small dent on the nearside rear wing, anout the size of a 1/2 p. Two small dents in the off side passenger door, result of a 70 y/o and a runaway shopping trolley in Tescos carpark. And a huge crease on the driver's door, result of the muppets on the roof.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Hope you get on ok.I would be mad too.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I would claim too - good luck.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran