Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Bloody mouse(not literally)

I was taking up my normal postition(as my oh calls it) here in the bedroom on the pc, whan i heard a scratching noise and thought it was the birds in the chimney, however all week its been happening everytime i take up the posititon so in the end I thought there must be something there, so I pulled out the bags outta the grate and still couldnt see owt, so i then had a mooch round the area after shifting the telly in the corner and lo and behold paper munched on so i thought no mouse is taking up residence in my room(must have come in the open bedroom window as oh leaves it open dispite my icilces hanging)so I wage a war I set 2 traps and add a wee bit of choclate to draw it out, less than 10 mins later snap goes one and snap goes the other,so I tippy toe in to see and the poor sod had its head in one and its butt in the other,well I dont mind mice as long as there dead, froze and defrost for the snakes,well it was only the plastic traps as I think the others are horrible so I think what am I going to do with this thing now, so I carries both traps and the mouse outside calls sparky the cat and after checking it wont run to far by letting its back end go,I realease the front end and leave sparky to his dinner.

Anyone else had any critters this winter yet?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Ward six has got em.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2007, 12:28 AM
...........Not live ones

4 cats and a springer are like a crack pest team.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Not yet but the back door is always left open and oh keeps saying "dont be surprised if Brad Pit walks in...no no I mean a mouse! as if!!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Not yet but the back door is always left open and oh keeps saying "dont be surprised if Brad Pit walks in...no no I mean a mouse! as if!!!
If brad walks in give him my address xxzbx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:39 AM
after, you understand
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Not at home. An owl at the back and two dogs in the house has tended to keep our pest population down. I do however, get mice at the yard, but I just accept them as part of the territory. My feed is always stored securely, they just seem to enjoy running around my shelves, leaving "presents" everywhere . My tack is all safe from nibbly teeth, so I'm not all that bothered, I just sweep up regularly. There's not a lot I can do, short of setting traps in my tackroom, and because of the number of times I've gone in for a hoofpick and left the light off, I'm more likely to trap my own fingers than anything else!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2007, 10:00 AM
The three cats keep them away from here.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I usually have the little bliters , scratching in roof space but not heard a squeak this year thankfully xxdk