Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2006, 12:49 PM

A ralph tale....

Okay..well, Ralph has just spent the past 4o minutes doing..well, erm..i can't explain it so i will take you through it in steps..
  • Starts off, rolling around on the sofa
  • Then starts tossing and turning on the sofa..
  • then slides off the sofa and wanders off...
  • returns back with one of the throws off the larger sofa and drags it onto the small sofa he was sitting on..
  • then goes off again and comes back with the contents of the cats bed (various blanketts) and drags them on 'his' sofa..
  • then he wanders off again and returns back with the contents of both the dogs bed, and drags them on 'his' sofa..
  • Then he climbs on 'his' sofa and tries to make himself comfy on the stolen material..but this obviouslly isn't right so he wanders off again..
  • He returns back with a 'bolster' thing *think thats the right word* off moms bed and throws that on 'his' sofa..
  • Then climbs up...but still not to his liking...so he wanders off again
  • Then he returns back with, get ready for it...a pair of my underwear (CLEAN) stolen from the laundry pile..puts them on 'his' sofa and mountain of stolen material and starts to scrat about grunting..
  • THEN he finally settles...amongst the heap of stolen bedding/cushions/bolsters/blanketts/throws etc, my clean pants under his paws..and the fruitloop goes off to sleep
So....is it just me who thinks this is abnormal??!?!?!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 12:54 PM
LOL!! That is hilarious, but dont worry perfectly normal.

Roxy takes ages to get settled, she is a real fidget. She likes the bean bag now so its not that bad, but you can hear her getting up and turning round and getting up and pushing the bean bag over a bit, and turning again for about 10 minutes before she huffs and falls asleep!!

Before that we used to find at least 3 pairs of socks, one of our t-shirts (always dirty though) and her special sleeping toy (uses as a pillow) in her dog bed!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hmmmn i could understand if he just did the weird behaviour on the sofa or in his crate..but to go around the house stealing various things and THEN making a 'nest'-v strange!!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 01:03 PM
I read a book once called 'what is your dog thinking' it was an excellent read. And apparently dogs put 'house-smelling' things around them so other animals/trespassers will know there is a protecter in there and will not bother him
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 01:04 PM
what a funny story,he's a canny little fella I wish you had caught it on video.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
I read a book once called 'what is your dog thinking' it was an excellent read. And apparently dogs put 'house-smelling' things around them so other animals/trespassers will know there is a protecter in there and will not bother him
Oh yes he seems to be considering himself a 'bully boy' by stealing the other pets food and facing the big bad hoover all the time-he likes to look big infront of his Border Collie friend over the road
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Toby
what a funny story,he's a canny little fella I wish you had caught it on video.
Me too!
It was the most obscure thing to witness whilst on the phone to someone...truly the dog worries me more and more!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 01:09 PM
You get more concerned when you catch them trying to pinch the rug from under the cat when they are sleeping on it!

She did it so quietly and slowly too, dont know how the cat noticed and boxed her round the ears
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Haha,

I came downstairs to find Ed in his bed with Takara's bedding yesterday

Natalie - Takara does the same thing but she's not actually trying to get the rug from under the cat, she's trying to get the cat!

Ed wouldn't sleep next to her this morning so she pulled and pulled on the duvet trying to drag him towards her!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Natalie - Takara does the same thing but she's not actually trying to get the rug from under the cat, she's trying to get the cat!
Yeah i dont think Roxy actually want the rug, just wants to see how much she can wind the cat up when shes sleeping

Jaffa was asleep in Roxys bed yesterday (which Roxy NEVER uses now) and Rox went up and shoved her big wet nose into Jaffas face, needless to say cat wasn't very impressed :smt043
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >