View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Griff do hope everything will be ok for you. Lynn thinking of you. Take care everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Oh Griff, I am thinking of you. Would hospital to be the best thing while they sort you out, sure they wouldn't keep you in longer than needed with the shortage of beds these days.
Lynn, sorry to hear about Gill and again hoping she lets them take her in if needs be to get her back on track.
Friend who has haemochromotosis (not sure if its the right spelling) basically she has too much iron and she has to have blood taken off her regularly,she went this morning to have it taken, and great news her levels are down. She says she had a new nurse, who is from another part of the hospital, apparently it is one nurse to 28 patients, very very shocking, how on earth can the poor nurse cope in a crisis
Bailey's (one of Mabs daughters, Horatio's litter sister) gone missing this morning. They have recently moved, she is in season and desperate to find a man by all accounts. They let her out in the garden first thing and she got out. She is back home now, but a pretty frantic 15 minutes. Her mum rang me hysterical. Don't think she has been got at though, there was no dog near her when found, pictures of her have appeared on social media for the area hanging around on street corners on her own, so if she had found a willing partner he would be waiting for seconds, and I don't think she was out long enough for her get herself in trouble, a tie is about 10-15mins, sometimes more, plus she is not ovulating yet, although very obviously getting ready for it, just trying to track a willing male down is posing a problem for her. Told them they need to get a 2 metre fence up sharpish as she is now howling and clawing at the doors and waiting her chance to go back on the hunt
Had 2 lovely walks with the girls, have got Mabs on day 10 which is The Day, so kept a very strict eye on her when she was loose in the woods, rarely meet anyone up there with dogs, its usually a birdwatcher, occasionally a horse and rider, but if there was going to be one,it would be today, after her daughter's excellent example. All went off without a hitch, any dogs we saw were on the road, onlead like mine, and not near anyhow.
Done a tip trip, I have had a clear out in the utility and took a lot of the rubbish I had piled up. There were two pieces of plasterboard. Got to the tip, everything fine, BUT I had to take the plasterboard up the road to where the binwagons empty as there are facilites for plasterboard there and not the tip. Go where I am told, I am given a leaflet which says I need ID to confirm I am from the area, I have no ID, I came out to the tip. So he took my reg number and then asked questions, weighed me and the car in, I went to a skip 2 seconds from the weighbridge, put the two pieces of plasterboard in, drove back over another weighbridge and was given permission to leave. I now know I should break plasterboard up and put it in a bin liner with my normal rubbish and not try so hard
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Gosh June glad she was found quickly and hopefully no male being involved.
Sounds like they are going to have an interesting 2-3 weeks on their hands.
Thank you brenda.

Gill perked up after being put on the steroids and was eating. Michael and Margaret went over Tuesday and said they would update me as we were beginning to think we weren't getting the whole story.
She has been trying to manage without the wheelchair so much but Michael said Tuesday she only walked a very short way and couldn't manage and was in a lot of pain. They went for lunch and she ate very little still in a lot of pain whole body.
Michael rang when her when he got home to let her know they arrived safely Peter answered she was asleep totally wiped out.
I know she has had a couple of falls, Peter rang me last night to say he got up to her in the middle of the night she had fallen out of bed and made a terrible mess everywhere most of the stuff sheets etc., he had to throw away after cleaning her up.
He was telling me she is on the tamoxifen because I asked why she now doesn't have to inject herself ? He thinks they are appeasing her they just said see your doctor if you feel like you may be getting a blood clot.
It seems it's all palliative care now. I asked about the tumour shrinking again Peter said he hardly felt her tummy so how he knew that is anyone's guess and it may well of shrunk but it seems like it may of got hold elsewhere.
So district nurses going in a few times a week, still waiting for the stair lift which is urgent they told Peter if you haven't heard anything in 6 weeks call again. So bad. He will be 70 In November has arthritic knees and has to haul Gill up and down stairs for bed and getting up. She uses a chemical toilet downstairs during the day.
So all in all not sounding good. Michael said she is not accepting it. Peter said she is fighting with everything and maybe winning the battles but will not win the war.

Just had an interesting wassap conversation with youngest he and Maca are looking to relocate to Madrid. He needs to be more fluent in Spanish first has been taking classes but is surprised he isn't as far on as he thought after 3 months surprises me to. He is usually much quicker than this at learning new things.
Never thought I would hear him say London is draining him. To expensive, overcrowded and he wants out. Maca will not relocate to another city in the UK so seems when the time is right it will be off to Madrid for them. That's where Maca hails from and her family some still live there, Michael says it's a totally different pace of life.
He said he will always need to be in a city though just not London anymore.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2017, 03:48 PM
That's terrible about the stairlift,Lynn. My friend had one installed within weeks. She also had a special bed downstairs as well. She did go downhill pretty fast though. Still find it hard that she's not there when I go for bones, her daughter is keeping in touch with me and seems strange to go in the house now.
Doesn't sound good does it Lynn, does anyone know the full story really, hard to know what to do for the best when you aren't given the truth.
Lona needs to go for a check up on her mouth, but don't think I can hold it together to stand with her in the exact place where Cariad passed away. I've got to do it, just can't
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Not surprising June it is ll still raw from Cariad.

The stair lift is being made in Germany they have a few stairs then a little landing then more stairs so it's having to be made specially. They have had a terrible job even getting one being passed form pillar to post.
I am thinking now it is bad. Really bad. they cancelled their Dorset holiday which is usually unheard of.
Were trying to book a few days this way so we could all meet up, couldn't find anywhere cheap enough at such short notice. Decided for a day up here to all meet now not even that, Gill cannot travel far to painful and the water infection which seems to hang around means every little bump causes her problems pain wise and toileting issues.
I really think we are going down the slippery slope now for how long goodness knows.
I am over to Essex next Friday catching up with a friend so will continue onto see Gill after and arrange to pop over again soon after that for the day if well enough I will take her out to a garden centre if not give Peter a break and sit with her.
It should be a bit easier now Gorden is home more.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Sue has a new toy, yes her new phone has arrived thank goodness. just has to learn its features now and get it working.

Peace at last about it I hope
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Lynn, sorry about Gill...errrmmm the stairlift, would it be worth contacting macmillan for their input?
your Son might like a look at duo lingo, i used it for italian..it's free and i found it quite good
TW, can you ask for a different room?? i had to go and stand in the same room the day after i took Max to be put to sleep and i just kept staring at the floor...luckily the vet understood
Ooooo lucky you Sue
Brenda, thanks
well i have a virus....i didn't think my throat was red but it is apparently and she was very concerned about a patch on my gums....she has requested i visit a dentist very quickly, more bl**dy money and another day sat in a waiting room...yay for me Lol, never mind i will go and buy some samosas after as a treat Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2017, 09:08 PM
I know the McMillan nurses were there for my friend, as they came to her funeral, and I did meet some of them on my visits and thought they were absolutely lovely people doing a very difficult job, does Gill have them coming to her, Lynn, because maybe like Griff says, they could help with the stairlift problem.
Can you gargle with salt water, Griff. Thats what I do if I have a sore throat, sometimes have the odd ulcer in my mouth and it works on that as well.
Went out to check on the girls, Mabs met me at the door and came with me, everyone already in bed (even Zen), closed their doors as it has started getting chilly at night now, really noticeable. Mabs then went back to bed with her mum who was tucked up and not going anywhere, just lifted her head and wagged her tail, then back to sleep.
Enjoy the new phone Sue, what have you got
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Awwww sounds like the new house is doing a great job Tw. The nurses are lovely and knowledgeable and damn tenacious when met with a no
I could do the salt water tomorrow...need to get up early to try and book with a dentist, hope it's nothing horrible..i feel i deserve some luck
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-09-2017, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
oooo how exciting Lynn
TW, i didn't do my chemo...i was not good yesterday at all!! picked up the blood results and it would appear i have an infection of some description...hospital haven't checked them yet and Drs is shut until 1.45pm, don't know if to just wait it out
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i have to go see my gp at 5pm...mum just asked if my bag was packed for hospital...i am not going into hospital....i refuse!
Oh heck Griffy dearest, I do hope it's only a minor infection and you can get by at home. Will be waiting for news when you have time.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >