register for free

Dog News

Pet food company launches range of freeze dried (raw) food

Primal Pet Foods, a US company who recently celebrated their ten year anniversary, have launched a new freeze-dried, RAW, dog and cat food range. Promising the highest quality, species appropriate foods for our pets, they were proud to say, "Our poultry, meat and game are antibiotic and steroid free without added hormones. We incorporate certified organic produce, certified organic minerals and unrefined vitamins to fortify our complete and balanced diets."

They go on to state "Primal Freeze-Dried Formulas offer you the convenience and benefits of a well-balanced, safe and wholesome raw-food diet without having to grind, chop, measure or mix the ingredients yourself. At Primal Pet Foods, we have taken the time to carefully formulate and produce a nutritious, fresh-food diet that is easy for you to serve and delectable for pets to devour. The proof is watching them lick the bowl clean while thriving happily and healthfully!"

Typical Ingredients (of their beef variety): "Beef Hearts, Beef Livers, Ground Beef Bones, Organic Kale, Organic Carrots, Organic Yams, Organic Broccoli, Organic Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Trace Minerals, Organic Parsley, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Salmon Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Quinoa Sprout Powder, Organic Kelp, Alfalfa, Mixed Tocopherols (source of vitamin E)."

Primal Pet Foods new range certainly looks excellent, and freeze drying seems like a good compromise between convenience and a high quality diet - requiring you to just add water. Only problem is, they are currently only launching in the US... perhaps if there's enough interest here they might consider expanding to the UK and the rest of Europe.

You can get more info at their website: http://www.primalpetfoods.com/

Your comments and views:
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 09:10 AM
That would be handy for trips away, but:
"...grind, chop, measure or mix the ingredients yourself"
I let my dogs get the dental and mental benifits from their raw diet. Any grinding or chopping is done by their teeth. The only mixing ingrediants I do is a few squirts of salmon oil on top of their dinner.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 11:27 AM
There is one here---I had a sample pack and it is sold locally---can't remember its name.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Why does it need all those ingredients though?

How about:
Beef with bone
Brocolli
Carrots

or:
Lamb with bone
Potato
Apples

Sorted!
I just wonder why ther are like 21 ingredients in ONE meal!
Monci.t
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Good point....my dog gets a meal consisting of max 5 ingredients at a time....but i change the ingredients from time to time to assure he gets as many vitamins as possible...simple aproach is the best
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Ziwipeak and K9 natural already exist so I don't see anything new here!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top