View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Daisy being sick (vomiting / regurgitating after eating)

For the last 3 or 4 days, daisy has tried to be sick after eating. its a bit hit and miss, sometimes its after her dinner, sometimes just after eating a hotdog (I put her tablets in it). And sometimes nothing comes up but she still does the 'gagging' thing.

She is on pred at the minute. I have just finished a week with her being on one a day (down from 2 a week for the last 3 months) and now am starting to give her just a half a day. After a week, then one clear day, she can start back on the rimadyl.

Any thoughts? (food is pedigree chum senior pack plus mixer. biscuits are shapes). Thx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 05:57 PM
No but I would mention it to the vet.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't really know, I agree talk to the vet if it doesn't improve. I hope she's ok
Just a thought, could she be eating her food too fast? Brandie used to throw it back up if she bolted it down too fast.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I do hope Daisy gets better soon.
I would mention it to the vet and see what he/she says.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Poor old girl I wonder if Daisy could be having trouble chewing the food with her teeth or swallowing and that the food is sticking in her throat I would get the vet to check her teeth and throat ....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Sorry to hear this, hope she feels better soon
eeyore
New Member!
Female 

11-12-2005, 01:15 AM
my dog was being sick evry evening too ( caused by antibiotics he was given for sore paws) he was still sick when we stopped antibiotics and vet said it was now a habit - gave him some metochlopromide to stop sickness- job done!!!
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks everyone. A couple of things ring bells here. she has just finished a course of antibiotics, because of a mouth infection (the vet thought). And she does eat pretty quickly, she is always finished before Poppy.

the last time she was sick, half a hot dog came up, meaning she wasn't chewing. I think I'll cut the food up small to stop her swallowing big lumps. And I'll mention it at the vets. Thx.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi Katrina If Daisy is bringing food back up soon after she has eaten it, this is no so much 'being sick' as regurgitating her food ..try to slow down her eating by giving her half her food/pause/the rest of it and cut it up small. If her mouth has been sore her gums may still be painful, try giving her warm water to drink not ice cold, these oldies need a little extra help sometimes
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks Mini, will do that. she seems pretty happy at the moment otherwise. X