Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Anyone Tried A Thunder Shirt?

I think it works on the same premise as TTouch Wrap and was wondering how successful others have found such products?

I'm going to start taking Oscar to a local training class to desensitise him to strangers and was thinking something like this might help him to relax?
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-02-2012, 09:27 PM
No, but I have heard they do in fact work well
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
No, but I have heard they do in fact work well
Ah well that's a good sign, I'd never heard of them until I came across them in a doggie mag. I think I might get one, can't do any harm.

Every time I say the word it does make me think of that film Thunderpants though?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I have Thundershirts for my Estrelas as they are scared of fireworks. It worked great for Rio but didn't see any benefits for Dan. They do offer a money back guarantee but I've kept Dan's anyway as it will probably come in handy for another dog some day.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I have Thundershirts for my Estrelas as they are scared of fireworks. It worked great for Rio but didn't see any benefits for Dan. They do offer a money back guarantee but I've kept Dan's anyway as it will probably come in handy for another dog some day.
That's interesting, thanks. Dan isn't as reactive as Oscar is he? Oscar has improved a lot and I can take him out and about these days without having to worry about him reacting, but I'd like to try and get to the point where he will at least see strangers as something positive rather than negative. I've tried lotions and potions which were next to useless so thought I'd give a big T shirt a try!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 10:12 PM
I would try the TTouch body wrap.we use it with Fudge and she is always so keen to have it on so guess it must help her.It would give you an idea if the thundershirt would work without laying out all the £££ The Ttouch wrap is much much cheaper!

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/bodywraps.htm

I went on a Ttouch course and some of the other members were using a T shirt knotted at the back to give the wrap effect as they did not like being out with the bandage look.Another idea!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I would try the TTouch body wrap.we use it with Fudge and she is always so keen to have it on so guess it must help her.It would give you an idea if the thundershirt would work without laying out all the £££ The Ttouch wrap is much much cheaper!

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/bodywraps.htm

I went on a Ttouch course and some of the other members were using a T shirt knotted at the back to give the wrap effect as they did not like being out with the bandage look.Another idea!
They look interesting, thanks. Although I am slightly worried he would tiddle all over it???

Will definitely consider it though.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm now not sure if the body wrap would be a good idea? I do think that, because it looks unusual, it would draw attention to him and as strangers staring at him is his major trigger this perhaps wouldn't be a good thing. At least the Thunder Shirt looks like a dog coat and less likely to make him stand out.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I'm now not sure if the body wrap would be a good idea? I do think that, because it looks unusual, it would draw attention to him and as strangers staring at him is his major trigger this perhaps wouldn't be a good thing. At least the Thunder Shirt looks like a dog coat and less likely to make him stand out.
That is why people used the T-shirts.

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/tshirts.htm
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
That is why people used the T-shirts.

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/tshirts.htm
Ah now that might work, thanks!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >