Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:42 PM
[quote=myschievous;959844]
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post

yeah I know...I said 'nuked' as that was the word I was refering to that was mentioned by fluffybunnyfeet.

But how do I simmer a breast of lamb then don't answer.

I'm trying not to get into a raw V all else debate lol

What you like mys. ya dont get breast of lamb,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:50 PM
[quote=myschievous;959851]

It's interesting that when on dry dog food that is when my dogs ate s*** Kody would eat his own and other animals Keena stuck to horses and cats, nice...lol...So what is it about 'dog food' fed dogs and less bacteria??

Dogs eating there own s*** is one thing yummy, all dogs eat cat crunchies, dont think I have met one that does not :smt078 dont know what it is about cat crunchies that they like, must just be yummy, my dogs get meat daily, not every day do they get veg, norm just the odd carrot and left over stuff, apple, what ever really, I have to say my lot ate more horse yums when fed on very expensive meal, after changing the older dogs onto DJ the cheapest of the cheap they stopped, eating so much grass, still like a nice warm fresh bit of horse now and then though.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:53 PM

What you like mys. ya dont get breast of lamb,
huh?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I have to say my dogs never have digestive upsets unless they have eaten something other than their complete food!
Becky
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post
Wot no veg?

Is he Scottish per chance?
yep like i said no veg

Which is why I feed a balanced diet that does not consists solely of meat either raw or cooked (sorry nuked)

Feeding raw must consist of other feeds in order to give your dog a balanced diet.
Depends on what you mean of other feeds? Raw meat must be fed with bones, offal and extra's like eggs and tripe are great but you don't have to add grains, cereals, any commercial dog food or the like.

Take 1 whole rabbit for instance = 1 complete meal = everything they need in one package...Replicate that in what you feed with a variety of meats, meat and bone, offal etc from different animals and you have a complete diet without the need to add anything

(I think people should take out the 'must'...like it is the only way...there are so many ways to feed natural and raw, the balance is the important thing to get right no matter how it is acheived so long as it is!)
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I have to say my lot ate more horse yums when fed on very expensive meal, after changing the older dogs onto DJ the cheapest of the cheap they stopped, eating so much grass, still like a nice warm fresh bit of horse now and then though.
DJ is what ours used to get. Our old Dobe who died at 15 ate it through her entire life, never ever had any stomach upsets, only ever needed the vet in her later years.

Currently on Vitalin Crown Working dog at 6.99 a sack, marginally better than DJ we think. We do give cooked kennel meat and add in some muesli stylee stuff to vary the interest for the pups as they get bored with the other, the Collie and the Mum Dobe just get the cheapo stuff only.

imho feeding meat only is a road to disaster.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:04 PM
imho feeding meat only is a road to disaster.
absolutly no doubt about that and that is for sure. don't get the not feeding veg wrong here I don't feed only meat = meat, bones, offal, eggs, tripe etc etc. Just because I don't add veg or grains don't mean I feed meat only or that the diet I provide them is not balanced.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:07 PM
The aim in raw feeding is to replicate a prey animal...you just mix and match to get the balance right.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post

Take 1 whole rabbit for instance = 1 complete meal = everything they need in one package...Replicate that in what you feed with a variety of meats, meat and bone, offal etc from different animals and you have a complete diet without the need to add anything
Hmmm. well I think I will stick to the varied and balance diet personally, as I am not convinced. There has to be more than just meat for a dog carnivore or omnivore or whatever, they have been domesticated for what... 2000 years? which is like how many generations living off food scraps and the like.

http://home.att.net/~wdcusick/raw.html

Salmonela anyone? With a little E.coli and a side dish of tapeworm washed down with a nice little vintage bacteria.

Edit, sorry Mys, got the impression it was meat only
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Salmonela anyone? With a little E.coli and a side dish of tapeworm washed down with a nice little vintage bacteria.
now that is ridiculos and scaremongering

my dogs diet is more than varied thanks they get beef, pork, lamb, chicken, bones, fish, liver, kidney, eggs with shell, tripe etc etc...and the odd extra...hate to say it but probably more varied than you think.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »