Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 04:55 AM

Good morning everyone - Wednesday!

Morning all,

My turn to have a grievance heard – 9.30 this morning.

I wonder what the rest of the day will bring?

Back to the Docs at 4.40 to get the results of the leg/back x-rays. Fingers crossed it’s fixable.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
People said to follow your dreams, so I went back to bed.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Morning Vicki and all

Good luck with your grievance and your xray results.

I had my hair cut yesterday at the college, the poor girl was so nervous she hadn't slept the night before, I was her first victim, she was being supervised by a more experienced girl and the tutor. Between the 3 of them it all turned out well! I am even thinking of having a colour put on, it looks so washed out, it's practically white it seems to have happened over a short period of time!

Have a great day all.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Morning..... Evening....

Vicki I hope everything goes well for you today, both with work and the Docs, I am sure it will all turn out AOK!!!

And YAY for successful haircuts, I keep avoiding getting my haircut, VERY expensive over here... so I grow it for ages, get it cut with good intentions of keeping it tidy, then I grow it for ages and repeat cycle, blah blah blah!!

Having a manic time with work this week, plus lots of jewelry orders which is ACE, knackered to off to bed!!

HAPPY Wednesday one and all!!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:12 AM
I avoid haircuts too but it was getting out of control!! I only pay £5.50 in return I am someone to practice on, I never worry as the tutors check every stage and step in if necessary. The hair salons around here charge about £40.00.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck today Vicki with work and x-ray results.

Glad to hear the hair cut turned out well Gerri.
Its the funeral of the family that died in a house fire near me today. The sevice will be at the crematorium near our house so the road is shut off at lunchtime. Our estate feeds onto the road that approaches the crem. It seems the fire wasn't suspicious as first thought.

Nearly there with the house thanks to Mark and Michael my two brilliant sons helping Gill and I out yesterday. Upstairs is now empty and hoovered and dusted stair lift gone so now just the 3 piece suite and wall unit and table and chairs hopefully going with a charity on Friday drop the nik naks and clothes off to a charity shop read the meters have the skip picked up and thats it. Oh nearly forget clean downstairs.

No thanks to either of my brothers and they cannot use age or ill health as a get out. I know they do have some health issues but Gill has cancer and keeping her away from helping me doesn't work she just won' t listen. So without her too I wouldn't be this far on on getting the keys to the estate agent Friday.
My Michael doesn't reckon will get completion now for the end of the month as no paperwork is here to sign so the buyers will have to wait for me now sometime in the beginning of November. When I have had a break and seen Gorden off to Kazakhstan.

Like the gem today seems like a very good idea. Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Fingers xxxxx for you today hun in every aspect

Glad the hair cut went well MM and that your nearly done Lynn and Morning DD

Well I have a new vacuum to try out today but before that I have to go out and get some stuff for me and Foster son to do tomorrow as I have an assessor here all day tomorrow watching me/my capability/how I converse with young people.......that's going to be fun

Wet and miserable here today weatherwise think it maybe stew for tea

Have a great day folks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Morning Vicki, Gerry, Deb, Lynn, Steph and all

Today is the day then Vicki, let them know it! Glad to hear the haircut turned out well, I'm still searching for somebody who knows what they're doing around here, and I'm beginning to get a real phobia now for hairdressers armed with scissors who just chop away without remembering what I actually asked for I'm seriously considering doing a course meself, I know I won't get it wrong lol! Glad you're keeping busy Debbie, that's what you want even if it does mean you're knackered

Glad to hear you've got on top of that house of mum's there Lynn with all the help you're having, and good luck for tomorrow Steph, I'm sure it'll be a breeze.

Got up late (again!) but nobody will know and who cares Nothing much to do today except walk Zena in the muddy woods and a trip to the post office. I might take a trip over to Carpetright I need a new rug for the hall, but they have naff rugs in there don't they, but I can't think of anywhere else to look in this area, I don't know it well enough yet, maybe there's a big carpet shop down the town, I'll check out Google.

Enjoy yours, whatever you're up to, bit dull and dank down south but at least it's dry.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone.
Good Luck today with work and the doctors Vicki, it sounds like a big day but I am sure everything will be good for you.
Got some problems with my car. The engine management light come on yesterday and the car went into safe mode so we just managed to limp home, luckily we were only a few mins away as it was trying to cut out on me. I tried to start it an hour later and it wouldn't even turn over, there was nothing, then all of a sudden it went but sounded really rough, and stunk of petrol. Don't know what I am going to do without my car.
Hope everyone here has a good day, take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Good morning one and all.

Try not to get too nervous about the grievance, Vicki. Just be calm and put your case. Good luck with it and the results. Good luck too on that assessment Steph - doubt you have anything to worry about on that score.

We did all the stuff for the solicitors on this move and my two son's by post as their offices were miles away.

Haven't had my hair cut for over two years now. Doesn't suit me long, but suits me less when it's hacked. Going to the hairdressers has become like going to the dentist for me so I go only when absolutely forced to.

Speaking of dentists, oldest lad has to go for a check up tomorrow. Hate going with him as I have to go in with him because of his communication problems. Should just be a routine check up (I hope).

It's absolutely banging it down at the moment so whether we get to town or not is debatable. Hopefully it will have passed over before 10.30 am as we usually go for breakfast on Wednesdays.

Ah well, have a good 'un all.