Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Whats the best food

at the moment i feed pedigree to my 2 dogs but they do eat it.They can be fussy eaters.But when my dogs have eaten some of the pedigree theres like a rummbeling in their stomachs i had a word with a friend she said that pedigree is rubbish there nothing in it which is good for my type of dogs esp when you can say they are working dogs.Please can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jannie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Love its the worst dog food you can feed a dog.It tends to give dogs the runs and as someone stated it has no value in it.Have you tried chappie,i dont know much about feeds for J.R.T.But my dad used to feed his little girl it with some terrier biscuits.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I have found my JRT does best on naturediet which I get from Pets at home.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Pedigree is full of rubish in my opinion I'm afraid - Icon is on James Wellbeloved, as were all of my girls as pups, he is doing well on it, but that is personal preference....
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by sweetveronica View Post
Pedigree is full of rubish in my opinion I'm afraid - Icon is on James Wellbeloved, as were all of my girls as pups, he is doing well on it, but that is personal preference....
the reason our dogs got onto pedigree was because my mother asked our friend what he gives his dog and he said pedigree thanks all for the help
garethb83
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
James WellBeloved is excellent! I have fed it to Westies and have a wee 8.5 month old Beagle, and she adores it!! Keep away from the Pedigree! Not the best, and for the extra few £'s, i would go for JWB before I would try the Chappie / Pal, as they are also made by Pedigree (Masterfoods)!! Hope this helps!!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I agree with the above...Pedigree is rubbish for your dogs wth lots of sweetners, colourings etc and i know i bang on about it but...its tested on animals!
Nature Diet, Burns are good or maybe even try going Raw, that is how i feed my dogs and they just love it and thrive on it.
Hope that helps
noubi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
wainrights is the same as JWB but much cheaper you can only buy it from pets at home but it is very good.