Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 08:41 PM

Why oh Why!

On a certain social networking site there is a page for Notts dog owners. There is a woman posting up pictures of her "Pit bulls" mother and son and also the female looks like she's just had another litter of pups.. She posted them up saying she's had "Chowowa's" more aggressive and that people should stop saying that Pits are evil because she can prove they're not.

She's said she got her already pregnant and that she wouldn't "bread" from her and that she's never "bread" from a dog in her life.. Why do people not know how to spell?

I just want to know if she can prove she has a licence to keep them..
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 09:14 PM
If she has just rescued her how come she also has the bitch's son as well???

Just shows how pointless the DDA is eh!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I never thought I would see this - she has said that she will go to the police etc and read up on the DDA, but them other people commented on something to do with dogs and kids and someone who disagreed with someones comment that all dogs have the potential to turn (I can't quite remember - I am still in shock at the following) I'd said about the lab who'd got 11 staples in his ear.

(this is another woman btw)
"Aimee - when things like that happen, it is the kids fault, even more of the parents for not teaching that stapling a dogs ear is wrong. I know this sounds cruel but that kid deserved what it got and the dog shouldn't be put down, once when I was rushing to do dinner my little boy decided to jump on Billy (Greyhound) and pull his ear, so he turned arouns and bit him on the face. Serves my little boy right, he shouldn't be jumping on any dog and pulling its ear and he knows better, so Billy told him off. Doesn't mean that Billy was in the wrong as in my eyes, he's well within his rights."

When I thought it couldn't get it any worse. My reply was I agree kids should learn respect for animals. But I wouldn't let my animals teach them that respect, that IMO is my job..
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm happy to stand corrected on this but I was under the impression that the pits who could be licenced (or the owners) were for the dogs who were alive at the time the legislation came into force.

I thought any dog born after that, could be seized and destroyed as being of type and could not be licenced - either voluntarily or by force.

I think this womn is taking a huge risk on having her dogs taken. There's no way I'd advertise the fact I had pits if I thought that much of the breed or my dogs.

Some people have no sense!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 12:10 AM
^^ I may well be wrong but i thought 'banned' dogs were allowed if you had appropriate papers to keep them but you weren't allowed to breed them?

I am probably totally wrong... I'm sitting next to a snoring CKC so about as far away from the DDA as you can get!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 05:28 AM
The DDA register is closed and the only way a dog can be put on it is for court action to be taken by the police (unless things have changed, but I don't think they have).

Why people feel it is clever to flaunt the fact that they are openly breaking the Law is anyone's guess. Why they feel the need to do it when an animal they profess to love is involved is sheer madness.

Maybe she is hoping she will be reported and have the dogs taken from her? It's the only reason I can think why someone would be so stupid. That, or it's a wind-up
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 07:10 AM
It turns out she was given the mum who was advertised as a Staffie X, her vet had then told her that she had a Pit Bull Terrier.

Surely a vet should be up on their laws. And that the police had been round (not sure if it was dog related or anything else - it is Nottingham, for all we know, next door's rabbits could've been too loud Those who watched Coppers will get that reference) and the dogs are still with her. I don't know the exact details - I think she's talking Bob if I'm honest, she has a couple of staffie x's and thinks it's great to advertise them as pit bulls.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Sounds like there are some stupid people around! Who in their right mind would boast that they have anything illegal, on a social networking site. It ain't rocket science to find out who they are!

Helen
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Sounds like there are some stupid people around! Who in their right mind would boast that they have anything illegal, on a social networking site. It ain't rocket science to find out who they are!

Helen
Especially since the page it's on is a Nottingham page..
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
On a certain social networking site there is a page for Notts dog owners. There is a woman posting up pictures of her "Pit bulls" mother and son and also the female looks like she's just had another litter of pups.. She posted them up saying she's had "Chowowa's" more aggressive and that people should stop saying that Pits are evil because she can prove they're not.

She's said she got her already pregnant and that she wouldn't "bread" from her and that she's never "bread" from a dog in her life.. Why do people not know how to spell?

I just want to know if she can prove she has a licence to keep them..
so forward it to the relevant Police unit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >